8-4 and still have work to make playoffs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dallas Cowboys

8-4 and still have work to make playoffs

Moderator: Football Moderators

8-4 and still have work to make playoffs

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:00 am

Well we are 3-0 after an impressive win over the Bears at their home.

We should be able to win 2 of the next 3. NE being the tough one.
Last edited by Cowboys 4 life on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: 3-0 and Rollin!

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:24 am

We should be 5-0 going into the NE game and very likely be 6-1 going into the bye week.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:23 pm

Definitely going to beat up on the depleted and hapless Rams. I'm not looking too far ahead, just enjoying the ride while it lasts!

Good stuff. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:42 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Definitely going to beat up on the depleted and hapless Rams. I'm not looking too far ahead, just enjoying the ride while it lasts!

Good stuff. ;-D

Yep, I do see either Buffalo or the Rams one giving us a run for our money. It always happens. There will be that one team that shouldn't put up a fight that does. But this is definitely fun. I do agree with that. :-)
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:58 pm

The Rams started out keeping pace but that ended quickly. Complete domination.

We need to practice doubling Lee Evans. Our weak spot is the long pass and with our secondary ailing he is the wildcard here.

The Jets did pass all over them so we can to. Other than that it should be a fairly easy vic.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:58 pm

No respect from Vegas, we're only 10 point favorites at Buffalo!?!?!? :-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Jimboozie wrote:No respect from Vegas, we're only 10 point favorites at Buffalo!?!?!? :-D

Well, they did beat the Jets and they do have Lee Evans who could burn our corners if they aren't healthy. However, our defense has really improved and our offense will easily wear down their defense and look out for another second-half shootout this week. :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby woodson_28 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:13 pm

does it bother anybody else how everybody is saying that the cowboy's haven't played any "real" teams yet. Doesn't matter. They are blowing teams out of the water.

Combined Record for opponents Dallas has faced: 3-13
Combined Record for opponents New England has faced: 4-12

hmm....
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sports4lyf » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:58 pm

woodson_28 wrote:does it bother anybody else how everybody is saying that the cowboy's haven't played any "real" teams yet. Doesn't matter. They are blowing teams out of the water.

Combined Record for opponents Dallas has faced: 3-13
Combined Record for opponents New England has faced: 4-12

hmm....

I completely agree. NE hasn't faced any quality opponents. The Boys faced the Giants/Bears both at full strength (for a half at least). All the injuries (Jacobs, etc for NYG and Briggs, Harris, etc for CHI) happened during those games, they weren't out for the entire game.
At this point though you can't bring up the records. It's only week 4 and it's completely distorted.
Sports4lyf
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Charlie24 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:18 am

It's been a long looong time since my last post what with graduating from college this semester and everything but I was just about to make a thread on this "opponent''s schedule" nonsense. This quote is from Espn's rankings:

We're not looking to rain on the Cowboys' 4-0 parade, but their four opponents have combined for three wins this season, and another lowly team awaits them Monday night in 1-3 Buffalo. We'll know how seriously to take this team on Oct. 14 vs. New England.

are you kidding?! at this point it seems they're only trying to find ways of bringing every team in the NFC (outside of the Packers and their historic season) down since they're not in the powerful gazillion times better AFC ;-7 Like stated above, New England's opponents have a whopping 4! victories combined so why are we seen as an inferior team because of our competition?! I understand the Pats have faced tough competition (only the Bolts and Bungles really) but before the season started the Bears were considered the best in the NFC, the Rams were supposed to be a playoff team, the giants were considered to be a solid if not slightly above average team, and only Miami was thought to be a bad team. And most of the injuries (giants, rams, bears) happened while they were playing the Boys... I guess we'll see in two weeks just how good we really are but I wish the media would stop trying to nitpick a great team... go boys ;-D
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Dallas Cowboys