DeAngelo Williams' owners??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

DeAngelo Williams' owners???

Moderator: Football Moderators

DeAngelo Williams' owners???

Postby ChiSoxFan95 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:54 am

What should Williams owners do? Should we just sit it out until Foster gets injured?
ChiSoxFan95
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: DeAngelo Williams' owners???

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:18 pm

Yup, he's too valuable a handcuff to get rid of - hang on!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Dump Williams

Postby joejlitz » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:32 am

Dump Williams. I had the same dilemna, but I had the luxury of also owning Foster. Williams is not good enough, yet - no matter what the "experts" have been saying. Foster is the man in NC and will remain so. Hanging on to Williams hoping for an injury is not the way to manage a team, unless there is simply NO ONE to pick up on the waiver wire. Foster will continue to play well - see my previous post before he exploded for 122 yards and two TDs in Week 3.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=349105&p=2466707&hilit=#p2466707

PS: I dumped Williams about 10 days ago and he remains a free agent in a 10-team league.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Re: Dump Williams

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:08 pm

joejlitz wrote:Dump Williams. I had the same dilemna, but I had the luxury of also owning Foster. Williams is not good enough, yet - no matter what the "experts" have been saying. Foster is the man in NC and will remain so. Hanging on to Williams hoping for an injury is not the way to manage a team, unless there is simply NO ONE to pick up on the waiver wire.

I agree that Foster will likely be the main man as long as he is healthy. However, Williams is talented enough to be of some value, particularly to the Foster owner. If you could guarantee that I could get a player capable of producing stats equal to, or better than, Williams' as a starter for NC on the waiver wire in week 6 after Foster got hurt in week 5, I would completely agree with your logic.

Also, I don't see holding a player like Williams as foolhardy. No one hopes for an injury to anybody. But they do happen and planning ahead makes perfect sense. It's not like Foster has never missed a game due to injury.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Dump Williams

Postby joejlitz » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:23 pm

Battlecreek Dragon wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Dump Williams. I had the same dilemna, but I had the luxury of also owning Foster. Williams is not good enough, yet - no matter what the "experts" have been saying. Foster is the man in NC and will remain so. Hanging on to Williams hoping for an injury is not the way to manage a team, unless there is simply NO ONE to pick up on the waiver wire.

I agree that Foster will likely be the main man as long as he is healthy. However, Williams is talented enough to be of some value, particularly to the Foster owner. If you could guarantee that I could get a player capable of producing stats equal to, or better than, Williams' as a starter for NC on the waiver wire in week 6 after Foster got hurt in week 5, I would completely agree with your logic.

Also, I don't see holding a player like Williams as foolhardy. No one hopes for an injury to anybody. But they do happen and planning ahead makes perfect sense. It's not like Foster has never missed a game due to injury.

There can be no guarentees for that kind of thing (If you could guarantee that I could get a player capable of producing stats equal to, or better than, Williams' as a starter for NC on the waiver wire in week 6 after Foster got hurt in week 5, I would completely agree with your logic.") because we can't predict who will and who will not get hurt, nor can we predict who will be available on the waiver wire.

But I do believe that if there is a player available like Ron Dayne or Brian Griese you have to grab them over keeping Williams. These guys are playing RIGHT NOW and have a better chance to make an impact than Williams. Suppose Griese clicks in Chicago and becomes something special - now you've got trade bait. If not, then you release him and get someone else.

Under your proposition, you could have Williams on your bench all year if Foster never gets hurt. At what point do you finally cut the cord?

Just my philosophy.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Beginner's Forum