League Managers Upset - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

League Managers Upset

Moderator: Football Moderators

League Managers Upset

Postby mcmill3 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:41 pm

I accepted a trade proposed to me, now 4 of the league members are whining. while I definitely got the better end of the deal, this is in no way, shape or form vetoable.

I received Steven Jackson and Drew Brees for Edgerin James, Ronald Curry, and Jay Cutler. He was clearly looking to improve at QB and WR since Brees has yet to perform.

I know the trade is not even close to being vetoable, but they seem to hand on the idea that SJAX was a unanimous #2 pick and Edge was a 2nd round pick, Curry a 9th rounder, etc...trying to convince them otherwise is almost funny. I've included several of their coments below the rosters.

My Roster (before trade)
QB-Kitna;Cutler
RB-LT,Edge,Caddi,J Lewis,Leon Washington
WR-Boldin,B Edwards,R Curry,R Brown,
TE-Winslow

His Roster (before trade)
QB: Brees, Schaub
RB: SJAX, Ward, Brandon Jackson, MJD, Wynn,
WR: Berrian, CJ2, Booker, Engram, Jennings
TE: Z. Miller

- How do you justify this trade!! give me a good answer!!! not top 15 in their position.

- Under the premise of this BULL your shoveling, i guess you wouldnt mind trading us LT for Lynch and Bruce. Seeing how they have far outperformed LT at this point. It sounds "FAIR" to me.

- SJAX is a top 3 pick. Edge, Curry and Cutler aren't.

I'd like to hear some thoughts on how most of you would respond to the league members. I feel fine for accepting and don't believe my actions have affected the integrity of the league.

Thanks.
mcmill3
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Managers Upset

Postby dgan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:51 pm

Tell them they are exactly right and you've decided it isn't right to get a guy with a torn groin and another who can't stay upright. :-b

This is the perfect example of why these types of trades cannot be vetoed. If you stick the other owner with SJax and Brees who he tried to get rid of, you take his 'ownership' away from him...it is now the league running his team instead of him running it.

Tell your league to shut the heck up.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby suhgamer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:21 am

Its not vetoable, but I'm in the boat of it being a bogus deal. Well it was before SJax tore the groin. Your getting a LT/SJax combo for shards of your bench. If he needed a QB, why not get Kitna over the injured Cutler? Would be much closer to fair. I just got to give you congrats for getting over on a; 1) fantasy football rookie, 2) non-football following person, or 3) if neither of the above, plan moron.
suhgamer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cards24 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:27 pm

What I do on questionable trades is send the post/ link to the cafe. Alot of times at hard to figure out trades I use the cafe as the letter of the law for my league. That way you dont have to explain yourself.

Your owners seem to be VERY subjective and clearly cant see a trade for what its worth without having a "how does it affect me" mentality. Also DO NOT compare were players were drafted. That means nothing after the first kick off in week1.

This is a hands down NO VETOBLE trade.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Goody » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:21 pm

Tell your league to pay your entry fee next year since they seem to want to manage your team. :-b
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner