What is consensus on RB & WR from same team??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What is consensus on RB & WR from same team???

Moderator: Football Moderators

What is consensus on RB & WR from same team???

Postby EWSPECIALTY » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:16 pm

I'm curious about the consensus on this approach or whatever. I have Brian Westbrook and believe in Kevin Curtis. I almost picked him up last week but this thought has plagued me for ever. If McNabb is "back" it could pan out, but otherwise it could back fire. I would imagine with most teams in the NFL this probably is not a good idea, but when is it not? Curtis & week 3 could have been a fluke and most likely will never be repeated, but looking at the overall numbers he will produce at a high level if McNabb is McNabb.

Disregarding the Curtis example; what are the pro's and con's of playing a highly explosive running back and a well performing wide receiver. I imagine it is relative to the team as whole and many other aspects. But is it strictly just not a good idea or with the right circumstances can it work?

PPR scoring system too.
Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Doing Right!
EWSPECIALTY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What is consensus on RB & WR from same team???

Postby Netsfan5 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:52 pm

I played Pennington, Coles, and TJones this weeked and got the win. Since the Jets had a good game, all of my players did well. A TD from Chad to Coles was 12 points. The problem though is that TJ getting a TD takes away from Chad/Coles, while you could have another QB in there that isn't affected by your RB.
Netsfan5
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:03 pm

The consensus is if they are both top tier then why not? im sure no one here would be complaining about addai and Wayne in their roster, or Edge and Boldin...depends on how good each one is, but it really doesnt matter if they both usually produce well week to week
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:39 pm

i dont think it matters at all. carries and receptions dont really damage eachother as opposed to having 2 WRs on the same team. right now i have maroney and moss which is pretty good and addai/clark if you want to count a TE in the same ballpark as a WR. if they are top tier and on good teams shouldnt matter, teams like colts and pats wont have a bad offensive week to often so its fine.
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk