Cheerleader distraction - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cheerleader distraction

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cheerleader distraction

Postby Yoda » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:22 pm

Maybe the cheerleaders had cameras on them? :-? (yay my first football smiley :-) that was the second)
Yoda
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:49 pm

let them warm up and stretch where they want too, i know cheerleaders are hot and everything but if an NFL player cant focus before a game he doesnt need to be playing..these are millionaires, how hard is it for them to get a piece of ass? They probably run through their cheerleaders on their team at will if they want too, they go on road trips and get plenty of women in the hotel room, half are married, why would a few cheerleaders tempt them? maybe the young and immature ones but other then that i dont see it
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:31 pm

DraftDodger wrote:
moochman wrote:What is it that tightbutt Goodell is trying to say?
Does he seriously think that some hot cheerleader is going to distract an NFL player right before the game? If that is so, what does that say about Goodell's mindset? This guy looks more and more like a Puritanical kook. If there wasn't any money in it, he would probably get rid of all those cheerleading temptresses immediately before the players succumb to their sinful desires.
Seriously, what is he thinking?

He's thinking, "I need to make a really silly ruling that will get the attention off the fact that I handed the Patriots a get out of jail free card by destroying the evidence that would've justified more action against them."

It's better to look like a kook than a conspirator ...

I still don't understand why Goodel is getting such a free pass for destroying evidence. Makes me wonder just what it was evidence of?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:48 pm

moochman wrote:I still don't understand why Goodel is getting such a free pass for destroying evidence. Makes me wonder just what it was evidence of?

It was, as Madden pointed out, too big a can of worms to leave open. The Pats haven't been the only NFL team spying or cheating. And video proof of a game changed by such cheating would undermine the entire league. Goodel made a deal that he'd destroy any evidence the Pats handed over (rather than use it to formulate additional charges against them). Probably best for everyone, but not something you want people dwelling on ...
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:46 am

DraftDodger wrote:
moochman wrote:I still don't understand why Goodel is getting such a free pass for destroying evidence. Makes me wonder just what it was evidence of?

It was, as Madden pointed out, too big a can of worms to leave open. The Pats haven't been the only NFL team spying or cheating. And video proof of a game changed by such cheating would undermine the entire league. Goodel made a deal that he'd destroy any evidence the Pats handed over (rather than use it to formulate additional charges against them). Probably best for everyone, but not something you want people dwelling on ...

Yes, but most of the grumbling has been that most teams don't take it that far. I think where there is smoke, there is fire. Oh well, destroying the evidence is shady though.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:01 am

Cheerleaders = amazing This issue = lame
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:32 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I think I saw cameltoe on that last picture. But it was a bit blurry, hard to see. The cameraman was focused on the wrong thing. In fact, I don't even know what he was taking pictures of, what was that guy thinking?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:01 pm

Am I the only one who thinks this is understandable? I mean if teams actually asked their cheerleaders to warm up in front of the opposing team's bench, they obviously thought there was some merit to it.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:26 pm

josebach wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this is understandable? I mean if teams actually asked their cheerleaders to warm up in front of the opposing team's bench, they obviously thought there was some merit to it.

one could say that if it was THAT racy, should they be doing it in public in front of younger fans anyway? (I don't share that perspective though)
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:07 pm

eaglesrule wrote:
josebach wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this is understandable? I mean if teams actually asked their cheerleaders to warm up in front of the opposing team's bench, they obviously thought there was some merit to it.

one could say that if it was THAT racy, should they be doing it in public in front of younger fans anyway? (I don't share that perspective though)

Now I really want to see what Goodell saw....
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk