Commish needs help FAST!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Commish needs help FAST!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Commish needs help FAST!!!

Postby BUSH LEAGUER » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:56 pm

I'm the commish of a Yahoo Plus league that has unowned players on waivers Sun - Tues. Someone dropped Phillip RIvers on Saturday therefore putting him on waivers. I noticed this morning that someone was able to claim him even though all unowned players are on waivers till tomorrow morning. At first, I thought this was an error on Yahoo's part so I contacted customer care. They explained to me that what happened was correct because if a player is dropped Sat he goes on the 2 day waiver period (Sun and Mon) and can be claimed on Tues regardless of the Sun - Tues waiver rule. If nobody puts in a claim for him by Tues then he would be on waivers till Wed. Well someone did claim him and got him this morning. Now I'm certain that I'm not the only one who didn't realize it works this way. I know I personally don't put in a waiver claim till sometime on Tues because I believed ALL unowned players couldn't be claimed till Wed. I know I'm not the only one who waits till Tues to make a claim. So it's very likely that someone who would have made claim for Rivers missed out due to the confusing nature of the rule. Would I be justified to put Rivers back on waivers till tomorrow under the guise that all unowned players should be on waivers till Wed? Or should I let what happened stand because it is technically the way Yahoo set up that rule. (And no, I don't want to make a claim for Rivers as I have Brady and Kitna). I just want to do the right and fair thing for my league. What would you guys do in this situation. Looking forward to getting your feedback.

Da Bush League Commish
BUSH LEAGUER
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Commish needs help FAST!!!

Postby suhgamer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:10 pm

I'm in favor of letting it ride. Someone played their cards right and did their homework, or got lucky. Rules are rules, everyone knows how it works from now on.
suhgamer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aqua » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:41 am

It stands. Knowing the rules/settings for your league is critical and sometimes there is more to it than just knowing how many points a passing TD is worth.
aqua
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Yrr » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:47 am

I agree with these guys. It should stand. Dont penalize a guy because he knew the rules better someone else.
Yrr
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Commissioner's Corner