Offence, what offence? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Offence, what offence?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Offence, what offence?

Postby Pats4four » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:10 pm

Two of the most explosive offences last year were the St Louis Rams and the New Orleans Saints. Each team had its studs in the fantasy football world, St Louis has SJax, Bulger and Holt whilst the Saints have Brees, Bush, McAllister and Colston. However this year, their offences have been non existent scoring just 80 points between them. This makes out at just a mere 13.3 points per game which, form a fantasy stand point is abysmal. Many a drafter spent a high pick on the QBs on to have Brees struggle and Bulger post a big fat 0 last week. SJax was the concensus nubmer 2 pick and how he is out of week 4 with a tron groin and has a depleted O-Line. Bush was drafted as high as 10th overall and has failed to produce significant number of points. Deuce was considered a back under the radar, certainly by myself, but hasn't produced at all and is now done for the season with a torn ACL. Finally Colston was the waiver wire wonder kid last season but hasn't lived up to the hype this year round. The question is, do we now try and salvage our losses and try and trade these players now before they stink even more or wait in the hope of their offences igniting into life?
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Offence, what offence?

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:19 pm

you're not going to get much value back for any of them.

imo you gotta just hope for the best, play with the WW for the next few weeks until they bounce back.

these things happen....hopefully your season is not lost, if it is, then just enjoy the NFL and there's always next year ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Popcynical » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:12 pm

Every year people think that this season will be just like the last one, and every year people are wrong. You just gotta roll with the punches.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pats4four » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:25 pm

I agree with you Pop in that this season isn't the same as last season but the change in production has been astounding. Neither team has lost any major players, with the highest profile departure being Horn but even so, he was probably past his best. I don't own all these players in one single team but I do own most of them in one league or another.

Just gotta hope the best, prepare for the worst I guess.
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:13 pm

Pats4four wrote:I agree with you Pop in that this season isn't the same as last season but the change in production has been astounding. Neither team has lost any major players, with the highest profile departure being Horn but even so, he was probably past his best. I don't own all these players in one single team but I do own most of them in one league or another.

Just gotta hope the best, prepare for the worst I guess.

I'd say pace is pretty major. And I'd say that the Saints either looked like they believed their own pub, horn was more integral than we thought, or teams have a better sense of what they are up against.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk