Heroes season 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Heroes season 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Heroes season 2

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:45 pm

I thought the season primeire was great. I was half expectig it to be a disappointment, but it definatly wasn't. What did all of you think?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Heroes season 2

Postby treat24 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:50 pm

yeah, it was pretty dang good man, wife and i love that show... hope it doesn't get old or go all "lost" or "alias" on us and overstay their welcome without answering enough questions.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:30 pm

I was highly disappointed. Blah, boring, and nothing really given at all. Curious to see what the heck is going on with Peter, but other than that, there really wan't anything all that great in this episode. Definitely not worthy of being run on the first night back. :-P

Next week better be better.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:54 pm

treat24 wrote:yeah, it was pretty dang good man, wife and i love that show... hope it doesn't get old or go all "lost" or "alias" on us and overstay their welcome without answering enough questions.

I'm sick of all the "Raccoon" attention spans. Let a story develop. "lost" is still one of the best shows, I think waiting until Feb is stupid knowing that most people have raccoon disease. :-t
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:33 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
treat24 wrote:yeah, it was pretty dang good man, wife and i love that show... hope it doesn't get old or go all "lost" or "alias" on us and overstay their welcome without answering enough questions.

I'm sick of all the "Raccoon" attention spans. Let a story develop.

I watched a whole season letting stories develop. They left tons of unanswered questions after the season finale. It's too much to ask that they seal up some of those loose ends, rather than have a show where they do nothing? Hiro is alive. Shocker. His boyhood hero isn't who he thought he was. Yawn. The cheerleader has to be non-extraordinary now. Yawn yet again. Nathan is a drunk. Snore. Parkman's a cop again. Snore.

So that leaves us with:

Little girl seeing eyes in her nightmares. Ok, I can go with that.

Mohinder and Claire's father appear to be going after the company still. Ok, that works.

Some new chick with some sort of power. Would have been fine if there had actually been some show, but there's zero need to add partial storylines when there's plenty of worthwhile things they could have done with this episode, so this storyline goes in the pile of rubbish for now because it should have been added when they needed some filler. Way too much filler in this one already.

Peter magically appears cuffed in a train car. Now I understand wanting to draw people back, but they literally spent what, 30 seconds on him if that? Come on. Gimme a break. Biggest storyline of the entire show and they ignore it? Sad and pathetic.

So a cliffhanger ending brings us back to watch a scared little girl, two guys still going after the company, and a blip on Peter. Sorry, this episode was extremely poor and not up to their standards. Has nothing to do with attention spans, has to do with expecting a quality product and getting rubbish in return.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:38 pm

RiffRaff wrote:

I'm sick of all the "Raccoon" attention spans. Let a story develop. "lost" is still one of the best shows, I think waiting until Feb is stupid knowing that most people have raccoon disease. :-t

i watched for 3 years man, but i watch between 50 and 100 different tv shows... i need to cut my ties sometimes... if nothing is getting answered and more questions are arising, i just can't take it... i plan on catching up on lost on dvd right before it's last season...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:12 pm

treat24 wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:

i watched for 3 years man, but i watch between 50 and 100 different tv shows... i need to cut my ties sometimes... if nothing is getting answered and more questions are arising, i just can't take it... i plan on catching up on lost on dvd right before it's last season...

Geez...50-100 t.v. shows?? How do you possibly have time for all of that, nonetheless find enjoyment out of that many shows?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:09 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Geez...50-100 t.v. shows?? How do you possibly have time for all of that, nonetheless find enjoyment out of that many shows?

Dude, you don't have the latest cell phone yet? 8-o

It's a TV inside your eyelids with electrodes connecting directly to your brain. You turn it on, and it plays your shows while you sleep. When you wake up, you remember every detail of every show! It's even a DVR/MP3 player too! Wireless broadband connection and all you have to do is look at the keys to type an email or whatever. GPS tracking, the whole works are on this phone!

It's awesome!

Oh, but it doesn't make or get phone calls yet. Dunno why, but they are working on it. ;-D

:-b

Now that I typed that up, someone will actually go make that thing. :*)

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

Postby treat24 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:37 pm

Madison wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Geez...50-100 t.v. shows?? How do you possibly have time for all of that, nonetheless find enjoyment out of that many shows?

Dude, you don't have the latest cell phone yet? 8-o

It's a TV inside your eyelids with electrodes connecting directly to your brain. You turn it on, and it plays your shows while you sleep. When you wake up, you remember every detail of every show! It's even a DVR/MP3 player too! Wireless broadband connection and all you have to do is look at the keys to type an email or whatever. GPS tracking, the whole works are on this phone!

It's awesome!

Oh, but it doesn't make or get phone calls yet. Dunno why, but they are working on it. ;-D

:-b

Now that I typed that up, someone will actually go make that thing. :*)

I'll see if Pepsi will start making those... package them in Mountain Dew cases ... :)

as for the shows, I work overnights, i'm home all day by myself with nothing to do. I only sleep 2-6 hours a day... normally about 4. Thing is there are summer shows, fall shows, winter shows. shows like entourage/dexter/curb etc that only have 8-12 episode seasons. With DVR I fast forward through commercials. It adds up. I give every show a chance, but I give up on some shows when I realize they are about to suck or if I see that they won't last. I hate getting attached to a show and having it die.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby daullaz » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:09 am

Don't forget about the guy going after the old Heroes: Hiro's dad and Nathan's mom. It appears that he's connected with what's going on in Molly's dreams. It also appears that they should have spent more time on that angle, since no one can even remember it the next day.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Next

Return to General Talk