Heroes season 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Heroes season 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Heroes season 2

Postby Munboy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:36 pm

skibrett15 wrote:Overall a great episode, too bad there's only 2 (one?) more.

Just for the rest of this year, then they'll go on break for a few weeks until I'll say Feb. I really like the fact that they broke this season up into two story arcs instead of one long drawn out arc like last year.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:42 pm

Munboy wrote:

Just for the rest of this year, then they'll go on break for a few weeks until I'll say Feb. I really like the fact that they broke this season up into two story arcs instead of one long drawn out arc like last year.

Ok, but it could be way longer because of the strike. I agree that this is shaping up nicely, but i'm not sure how different the second story arc really will be.

The Hiro and Peter segments are picking up, and I am very glad Sylar is getting back in the fray. I am about done with claire until they meet her father again. Her little teenage rebellion of showing the world probably won't end well.

What did we think of this episode? I thought it was not quite as good as the previous two, but still enjoyable. Parkman needs to get on his horse and do something. If sylar gets molly's ability that would not be good at all for the specials. Mohinder seems like a company man through and through.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Munboy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:11 am

skibrett15 wrote:
Munboy wrote:

Ok, but it could be way longer because of the strike. I agree that this is shaping up nicely, but i'm not sure how different the second story arc really will be.

The Hiro and Peter segments are picking up, and I am very glad Sylar is getting back in the fray. I am about done with claire until they meet her father again. Her little teenage rebellion of showing the world probably won't end well.

What did we think of this episode? I thought it was not quite as good as the previous two, but still enjoyable. Parkman needs to get on his horse and do something. If sylar gets molly's ability that would not be good at all for the specials. Mohinder seems like a company man through and through.

I forgot about the writers strike! :-{

Yeah, overall an ok episode. Not the best. Where's parkman when sylar broke into the apartment? did they leave the girl (forgot her name) all by herself??? Is the mimic in NO (forgot her name too) going to have anything to do with the climax? Doesn't look like. Looks like she was just a new character introduction for space filler. I wonder if the 2 heros that will fall in the next episode will actually stay that way.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:19 am

Man, it really really irks me when they pull crap like that in the previews. Arg.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby treat24 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:52 am

I'm glad Tim Kring apologized to fans for this season. I really hope heroes gets back to the awesomeness it had in season 1...

apology link
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Tiki » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:13 pm

I thought Monday's episode was needed! I really liked it! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:22 pm

Tonight was a pretty good episode to wrap up season 2. The look on Sylar's face when Maya started yelling about him killing her brother was priceless. He rolls his eyes like some guy getting nagged by his wife, spins around and calmly puts one in her chest.

There were some major plotholes in this one though. Claire gets stabbed in the head and heals. Peter gets a piece of glass in the cranium and heals. Noah gets shot in the head and heals with Adam's blood. Adam says that the company would have just offed him rather than locking him up if it were possible to kill him. Yet now magically, after all of this, a simple gunshot to the head kills the previously invincible folk? Lame.

I don't see why Nathan getting shot should be any big deal. Peter sat there and watched Adam heal him once. He has the same regenerative blood. It should be about a 45 minute setback to heal up Nathan as good as new. And why would the assassin kill only one of the three and then be done with it anyhow? There are still two other guys wanting to go public...

I was praying that Monica would be one of the two to die. I never liked Nikki much either but she still kind of is one of the faces of the show, whereas this Monica girl is completely and utterly useless. Nice that while Peter, Hiro, etc are fighting other superheroes to save the world the New Orleans bunch can't even handle a common thug (nor an angry, horny clubber).

I really like their progression of Hiro. He hasn't turned into one of those goody-two-shoes, everyone should be spared type hero but instead has gotten some good old fashioned revenge on his father's killer and a guy who was out to destroy the world.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:38 pm

Adam only said that they would have killed him if they could. probably said it to manipulate peter...
Why the heck didn't they just walk through the vault. He can phase, yet he needs to pry the door open?

Interesting to see mrs. petrelli in on some more of the action.

I think if you actually "die" there is only a certain amount of time before the blood won't do you any good. I wonder if peter's blood does the same thing?? I'm pretty sure that injecting the blood into a corpse won't bring it back to life so there has to be some sort of statute of limitations on this rivival by blood thing. Bennett got it immediately, so did maya.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:56 pm

I dunno... I've watched every episode since the very first one and with the whole regenerating blood and time travel stuff, I'm left in limbo on this series. I will tune in next season and give them a shot to get things more organized, in line, and explained, but if it continues to be "off" (hard to describe it exactly, but I'm losing interest) then I'm going to stop watching.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk