Time to drop Reggie Brown and Mark Clayton? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Time to drop Reggie Brown and Mark Clayton?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Time to drop Reggie Brown and Mark Clayton?

Postby Pirate of the Carib » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:02 pm

Should I drop these two this week, next week, or last week? Is there any chance that they could be any good this season?
Pirate of the Carib
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Time to drop Reggie Brown and Mark Clayton?

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:17 pm

Absolutely there is. Don't drop them yet.

The problem with Brown has been an offense-wide problem with the Iggles, and a lot of it has to do with Donovan McNabb's mechanics. He's been rushing his throws and not trusting his repaired knee, especially in the face of the pass rush. So last week they kept in an extra pass-rush defender and McNabb had a great game. Kevin Curtis is not going to get every catch every game, so who stands to benefit when Curtis is covered? Reggie Brown.

On the flip side is Mark Clayton. His issues are mostly his own. He's had that recurring foot injury (ankle/toe) that has slowed him down. He's banged up and he's not himself, but he appears to be healed - and just in time, because he's facing the Browns from the Land of Cleve this week. Not only do you not cut him this week - you START him this week.

Now, if Mr. Clayton turns into a Ton of Clay against arguable the worst aerial defense this side of Baghdad, then you don't just bench him, you cut him and throw him as far off your team as he can go.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:40 pm

i wouldn't drop brown, don't know a whole lot about clayton, but knapp seems right on in his assessment.

I'm disappointed in reggie, and from what I hear, his body language at press conferences (and leaving early) are doing him no favors. But he has a talent, and he has perceived value, so for that reason alone, I wouldn't drop him. But there are some really bad and some just okay pass defenses on the eagles slate. Two versus cowboys, two versus new york, one versus new york, new orleans, miami, buffalo. I know each has their strengths and weaknesses, but im confident (if this wasn't a mirage) the eagles will move the ball on these teams (win is a different matter).
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:23 pm

Definitely don't drop Brown yet; that offense showed what it can do, and Curtis won't be the one catching all the passes every time. Brown will get his due.

I am another disgruntled Mark Clayton owner, but I'm gonna give him a couple weeks before I start searching the waiver wire for other options.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:08 am

If Reggie Brown is going to make an impact this season it will be starting this week.

If Brown has 3 receptions for 25 yards this week forget about him.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:20 am

SniperShot wrote:If Reggie Brown is going to make an impact this season it will be starting this week.

If Brown has 3 receptions for 25 yards this week forget about him.

Agreed. Brown should have another great match-up this week. If he continues to show a lack of production I see no reason not to start to think that this is more the expected outcome rather than the exception. Brown has struggled in too many games, disappearing at times and looking entirely too disinterested. I wonder if he is someone who shrinks from a challenge.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk