keeper leagues - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

keeper leagues

Moderator: Football Moderators

keeper leagues

Postby n00b711 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:10 pm

the guys in most of my fantasy leagues would like to do a keeper league. We've tried to create a keeper league in yahoo, but can't find the option for keeper. how are you guys doing your keeper leagues? and how does it work if team 7 leaves. what happens to his keepers.....

basically all i know is in a keeper league you keep 2or 3 players from your team at the end of the year and everyone else goes into the FA market and then drafted based on standings? is that right?
n00b711 Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: keeper leagues

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:02 pm

n00b711 wrote:the guys in most of my fantasy leagues would like to do a keeper league. We've tried to create a keeper league in yahoo, but can't find the option for keeper. how are you guys doing your keeper leagues? and how does it work if team 7 leaves. what happens to his keepers.....

basically all i know is in a keeper league you keep 2or 3 players from your team at the end of the year and everyone else goes into the FA market and then drafted based on standings? is that right?

To do a keeper on Yahoo, ya have to do your draft offline and then enter the rosters manually afterwards (drafts are done on a site like the Cafe). If a team leaves, the usual practice is to advertise for someone to take over that team. 3 is a good number for a keeper league, but there are numerous variations. And yes, everyone else goes into the FA pool - draft order should be set according to reverse order in which the teams finished.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby n00b711 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:30 pm

thanks for the explanation.
n00b711 Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Pats4four » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:45 pm

There's also a site called fleaflicker.com that allows you to set up a lkeeper league for free and you can adjust the scoring, roster settings and number of keepers etc. I'm using the site this year for 3 keeper leagues and the format is quite good. The scoring is also live which is an upgrade over yahoo.
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to Beginner's Forum