Bill O'Reilly's comments - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Bill O'Reilly's comments

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bill O'Reilly's comments

Postby sportsaddict » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:51 pm

Did anyone here what this idiot said again?

I am not one of these PC police people claiming that everyone's racist and everything is offensive. But he was talking about a meal he had with Al Sharpton (who is one of the biggest racists on the face of the earth, actually), at a predominantly black restaurant. He said something along the lines of "I was surprised I didn't hear the words "m-fer, get me some ice tea," and then he went on to say that he "couldn't get over the fact that this restaurant was any different than any other restaurant in NYC."

Black people can be civil? What a novel concept, Bill!

O'Reilly already attempted to say that the "liberal media" was twisting this story into a race issue and that they were all over it because they are so PC heavy. That's not the case- this has nothing to do with PC, this is all about O'Reilly being a jack-a@%. Sorry, but those are stupid comments that are said by racists.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bill O'Reilly's comments

Postby moonhead » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:10 pm

i'm not going to get into a pc/racial/political commentary/argument/discussion here. bill oreilly is a tool. an ignorant, hatefilled, unhappy, buffoon. his show is comedy. unintentional comedy. it's almost as entertaining as colbert's.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:28 pm

It's a paradigm shift when he anecdotal evidence doesn't line up with his hypothesis. Although, for many of his listeners, I suppose the fact that urban black people actually act like humans is somewhat newsworthy.

Also, his comments were a little out of line, but taken in context they aren't as bad as they seem when you read them on their own, which is almost always the case.

And, PC doesn't exist. It's a fabrication.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:25 am

Art Vandelay wrote:Also, his comments were a little out of line, but taken in context they aren't as bad as they seem when you read them on their own, which is almost always the case.

That was my thought when I read more on it. I can't stand the guy and his comments did shown poor judgement, but in this case at least, I think his intentions were in the right place.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:36 am

It's Bill O'Reilly. This is like being shocked that the sun is hot and bright. ;-)

I will defend Mr. O'Reilly's right to Free Speech. I will carry placards supporting his right to speak his mind.

But at the same time I will carry another placard denouncing every word that comes out of his mouth.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:40 am

knapplc wrote:It's Bill O'Reilly. This is like being shocked that the sun is hot and bright.

Exactly. And O'Reilly is capable of saying this about anyone. He thinks this way about most people, if not everyone, other than himself.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tiki » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:04 am

He's a jerk and if I saw him I would probably punch him. Just for getting Ludacris and Snoop Dogg dropped from their sponsors and the idiotic things the man says. My dad likes to watch the Fox News Network and we would be eating dinner with Bill O'Reilly would be jabberin' in the background, and damn he is annoying. I honestly don't understand how he has a show.
Last edited by Tiki on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:15 am

But Tiki, if you dislike the man so much, why are you blowing him kisses? :-?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:28 am

knapplc wrote:But Tiki, if you dislike the man so much, why are you blowing him kisses? :-?

You've never heard of grudge sex?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:33 am

josebach wrote:
knapplc wrote:But Tiki, if you dislike the man so much, why are you blowing him kisses? :-?

You've never heard of grudge sex?

Of course! How else do you think a slob like me gets l-- oh, wait, this is a family forum. :-o

No, Jose - I have no idea what that means. O:-) :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk