Bill O'Reilly's comments - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Bill O'Reilly's comments

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bill O'Reilly's comments

Postby Tiki » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:36 pm

knapplc wrote:But Tiki, if you dislike the man so much, why are you blowing him kisses? :-?

Hmm..That's odd the angry smiley doesn't work for me... When I click it it gives the blow kiss one!?
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:58 pm

Tiki wrote:
knapplc wrote:But Tiki, if you dislike the man so much, why are you blowing him kisses? :-?

Hmm..That's odd the angry smiley doesn't work for me... When I click it it gives the blow kiss one!?

Yeah, that's kind of Menyak's little joke. Quote me to see how to post Mr. Angry Football Head.

How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:13 pm

The real story here isnt about Bill O'Reilly. You can like him or hate him - or both. The real story is how this became news in the first place since it was taken COMPLETELY out of context off his radio show.

Bill O'Reilly wrote:"If you listened to the full hour, it was a criticism of racism on the part of white Americans who are ignorant of the fact that there is no difference between white and black anymore," he told the AP. "Circumstances may be different in their lives but we're all Americans. Anyone who would be offended by that conversation would have to be looking to be offended."

So I guess the question is - are you guys looking for O'Reilly to offend you and you took the bait laid out by someone?

I dont watch O'Reilly and dont really care - but I thought it was interesting that there was another side to this story that the O'Reilly haters didnt really care to look for.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moonhead » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:37 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:The real story here isnt about Bill O'Reilly. You can like him or hate him - or both. The real story is how this became news in the first place since it was taken COMPLETELY out of context off his radio show.

Bill O'Reilly wrote:"If you listened to the full hour, it was a criticism of racism on the part of white Americans who are ignorant of the fact that there is no difference between white and black anymore," he told the AP. "Circumstances may be different in their lives but we're all Americans. Anyone who would be offended by that conversation would have to be looking to be offended."

So I guess the question is - are you guys looking for O'Reilly to offend you and you took the bait laid out by someone?

I dont watch O'Reilly and dont really care - but I thought it was interesting that there was another side to this story that the O'Reilly haters didnt really care to look for.

he's still a d0uch3
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:48 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:The real story here isnt about Bill O'Reilly. You can like him or hate him - or both. The real story is how this became news in the first place since it was taken COMPLETELY out of context off his radio show.

You're right on the money. His remarks, taken in context, aren't anything that could offend anybody who isn't looking to be offended. He's just a recipient of an intolerant, hate-mongering group (libs in general) who don't care about the truth as long as they get to knock a guy down a notch or two.

Moons comment speaks volumes. Who cares about the truth, right?
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby knapplc » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:49 am

What moon said.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:55 am

Here's some "truth"

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/10 ... kris1.html

One of my favorites... people claiming moral superiority only to prove otherwise by their own actions. And before you say it was settled out of court, know that he paid her $2,000,000 to shut her up.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:04 am

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:08 am

Nfl Fan wrote:Here's some more... gasp! :-*

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/gatesmug1.html

Mmmm... touche? :-?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:38 am

josebach wrote:Here's some "truth"

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/10 ... kris1.html

One of my favorites... people claiming moral superiority only to prove otherwise by their own actions. And before you say it was settled out of court, know that he paid her $2,000,000 to shut her up.

Liberals: Look! Bill O'Reilly is a Racist! He said mean things about black people!

Others: Not really - those comments were taken out of context from his radio show in which he was trying to combat racism.

Liberals: He still sucks.

:-?

Josebach and others - is this a thread about the evilness of Bill O'Reilly or about the propencity of mainstream media to mislead in order to further an agenda? Does your answer speak volumes?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk