Is it a bad thing to have too many players from one team?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is it a bad thing to have too many players from one team??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is it a bad thing to have too many players from one team??

Postby Slow Pitch » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:06 pm

We start 1 Qb, 2 Rb, 3 Wrs, 1 Te, 1 K, 1 Def.

I have Romo, TO & Witten as starters every week. Is that too many players from one team? I realize week 8 I am in bad shape cause my whole team in on a bye having Alexander & Branch too....

"Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theisman
Slow Pitch
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is it a bad thing to have too many players from one team??

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:10 pm

those are all good players on high potent offenses, nothing wrong with that.

if you were playing Losman, Lynch and Evans or Huard, Larry Johnson and Bowe, then it might be a problem.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:21 pm

i would prefer to just take my pounding 1 week instead of having my studs spread out and potentially causing me 3 or 4 losses.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:21 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:those are all good players on high potent offenses, nothing wrong with that.

if you were playing Losman, Lynch and Evans or Huard, Larry Johnson and Bowe, then it might be a problem.

Or Brees, Bush, Colston.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fantasizing » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:22 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:those are all good players on high potent offenses, nothing wrong with that.

Well said, if you watched the Dallas-Chicago game last week, pretty much the only Dallas guys invovled in the offense were the 3 guys you have. I'd say run with those 3 as far as you can.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:12 am

cooleyhigh wrote:i would prefer to just take my pounding 1 week instead of having my studs spread out and potentially causing me 3 or 4 losses.

i agree, it sucks when one of your stud wr and/or rbs are on a bye week for a couple of weeks in a row. i rather have it all in one shot like week 6 this year. that said i have maroney,moss,morris on a team and works out fine. i think as long as your looking at top players in their respective positions your fine with this. cowboys are definatley a team thatll score so it should work out
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:56 am

yea usually if the team is not really good i wouldnt do it, because in tough matchups all those positions suffer and your team takes a hit...But with yours its not a problem, but its always a risk...like if you had brees, colston, and eric johnson, you probably thought you started the yr with a good lineup, then you would be stuck with 3 bust because the whole team stinks instead of just one player not doing well...
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kilroy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:49 am

sadlyajetsfan wrote:
cooleyhigh wrote:i would prefer to just take my pounding 1 week instead of having my studs spread out and potentially causing me 3 or 4 losses.

i agree, it sucks when one of your stud wr and/or rbs are on a bye week for a couple of weeks in a row. i rather have it all in one shot like week 6 this year. that said i have maroney,moss,morris on a team and works out fine. i think as long as your looking at top players in their respective positions your fine with this. cowboys are definatley a team thatll score so it should work out

The problem with "taking a week off" (i.e. having a boatload of players with the same bye) is that if you're in a league with guys who know their stuff (I hate the term "competitive"...12 morons would make for a "competitive" league, seeing as how they're equally stupid) where only 4 of 12 teams make the playoffs then that game can be the difference between making the playoffs or not.

I'm not saying I wouldn't do it (I honestly don't pay much attention to byes when I draft anymore...I just go for BPA), but it can be a risky proposition.

As to having several players from the same team, that can be risky as well. Unless you're talking about the Colts there's a chance that if that "high powered" offense don't live up to expectations you're gonna be royally scee-rewed.

Bulger-S Jax-Holt
Brees-Bush-Colston

Before the season both those trios woulda looked pretty good. Now? Not so much.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:18 am

It can be crushing, and if you were to have three, I'd say those would be the three to have. The good thing is, they are all in the passing game, and TE is usually a gravy spot. You take your lumps one week, which can be good. And if they keep it up, you just roll to the playoffs, and you gotta be in it to win it.

That being said, some guy in 2004 was in one of my leagues, had mcnabb, TO, westbrook, and basically smoked everyone. Well, it didn;t work out so well when he had no ammo for the playoffs.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Slow Pitch » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:46 am

Here is the thing...while I have Romo, TO & Witten...I stil have LT & Alexander as my RB combo.

It is a 12 team keeper league.

The only week I cant win I feel is week 8 cause I lose those 3 plus Alexander & Branch, plus my kicker J. Brown but who cares about that....

"Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theisman
Slow Pitch
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk