Is it a bad thing to have too many players from one team?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is it a bad thing to have too many players from one team??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Is it a bad thing to have too many players from one team??

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:44 am

You might consider looking ahead and grabbing some possible WW matchups ...

For week 8 receivers I see possible pickups like Booker vs. St. Louis, Jurevicius vs. NYG, and Muhammad vs. Detroit. Muhammad could be an excellent pickup anyways with the QB change in Chicago. Just grab the guys who face the worst pass defenses.

RBs are tough to pick up in any good league; you'll just have to see who's available. Someone like Leon Washington maybe. Look for guys likely to get goal line carries.

At QB you probably have choice likes Brian Griese, Derek Anderson, or Trent Green, all of whom have great Week #8 matchups. You may want to hold off a couple more weeks on pulling the trigger here; there are possible QB shuffles to contend with.

For TE, look at the ones who have division rivalry matchups, like Heath Miller vs. Cinci or Baker vs. Buffalo. Teams pulling out all the stops to match up with a division rival are more likely to utilize the tight end.

Don't concede Week 8. It's even sweeter to manage a victory with few of your studs in the lineup.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby EWSPECIALTY » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:41 pm

How about having Brian Westbrook, Kevin Curtis, Eagles Defense/ST, & David Akers (K). In my mind i remove Westbrook from the equation because of who he is, and only condiser the idea of having the Eagles D/ST & Kevin Curtis.

But is this a safe scenario.
Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Doing Right!
EWSPECIALTY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:56 pm

EWSPECIALTY wrote:How about having Brian Westbrook, Kevin Curtis, Eagles Defense/ST, & David Akers (K). In my mind i remove Westbrook from the equation because of who he is, and only condiser the idea of having the Eagles D/ST & Kevin Curtis.

But is this a safe scenario.

Probably alright to have them, because who the heck knows with kickers? Westbrook is a must-start, and the Defense, while I wouldn't call it "must start" is lookign alright fantasy wise. Plus, their production can be independent of the offense. Curtis should not be a regular starter. With Westbrook, you basically have the Eagles #1 and #2, and while that worked out last week, and probably this week, that is too close for comfort.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BigMusky » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:02 pm

I have Eli Manning, Ward and Burress that are all probably going to start for me this week against the Eagles and I am nervous. Delhomme and Rudi are both hurt and put me in this situation.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:57 pm

BigMusky wrote:I have Eli Manning, Ward and Burress that are all probably going to start for me this week against the Eagles and I am nervous. Delhomme and Rudi are both hurt and put me in this situation.

could be worse. While I don't thinkt he Giants will win, and that I think (we'll see) the Eagles run defense is improved, (Portis/Betts were just okay),there are worse combos than Eli and Plaxico. Plaxico always seems to get his versus the Eagles. Then again, the Eagles LOVE to get after Eli, and they were sack machines last week. Of course, the Lions had to pass, but I think the rotation is something to be reckoned with (if healthy) as they don;t have a singular talent, but a lot of decent ones.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk