Need opinions please - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Need opinions please

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need opinions please

Postby Yrr » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:40 am

I am in a 12 man keeper league. We are allowed to keep 10 players out of a 25 man roster (we start 2 defensive players at DT, LB, and DB), but for every player we keep over 7 we are penalized with a draft pick. For example, if I keep 9 players I would skip round 1 and 2 of the draft. Draft order is completely performance based on the year before, league champion gets the last pick. Right now, the controversy is that the commish kept the draft as non-snaking. This year, the 4 people with the last draft picks are a combined 1-11. Several of us argue that a non-snaking draft is way too much of a penatly on teams that already have the last draft picks and have to sacrifice the first couple of rounds of the draft.

What is everyone's opinion of this?
Yrr
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need opinions please

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:20 am

I'd say that the draft results probably have very little to do with how your league's teams are doing this year if you can keep as many as 10 players on each team. My 16 team keeper league (4 players can be kept) is also somewhat upside down based on last year's finish because the good teams last year kept LT, LJ, SJax, Brees and so on while the other teams drafted players like Jordan, Portis, ADP, Edge and Moss.

This is nearly a dynasty league and I think a non-snaking draft would be appropriate in this instance.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner