Frank Gore vs Travis Henry the rest of the way? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Frank Gore vs Travis Henry the rest of the way?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Frank Gore vs Travis Henry the rest of the way?

Postby flyguys20 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:20 pm

Which of these 2 RBs would you prefer the rest of the way this year? I know Gore was much more highly rated coming into the season, but he and the SF offense have struggled and he is apparently still battling that hand injury (as evidenced by the x-ray after the game on Sunday). Henry was terrific in weeks 1 and 2, and struggled in week 3.

So -- which one would you prefer for the rest of this year?
flyguys20
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Frank Gore vs Travis Henry the rest of the way?

Postby Brianst » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:17 pm

Probably Henry. As the play more together Henry and the offense is going click, plus a new QB and no stud WR's makes me think the run is the thing in DEN.
Brianst
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:26 pm

Brianst wrote:Probably Henry. As the play more together Henry and the offense is going click, plus a new QB and no stud WR's makes me think the run is the thing in DEN.

:-?

Javon Walker is a great wide receiver, Brandon Marshall has been an excellent #2 option thusfar, and Brandon Stokley provides high quality depth. There may not be a Chad Johnson or Randy Moss in there, but that is an excellent corps of wide receivers.

That being said, I definitely like Henry more at this point. His yardage totals are much better, and yardage is a much more consistent stat than touchdowns in most cases. Gore has three touchdowns, but the San Francisco offense is ineffective, especially in the passing game, and Denver definitely has a passing offense that teams cannot ignore. Henry should be a consistent producer of yardage with a touchdown thrown in every once in a while, and the Niners' offense makes Gore's chances at success lower than Henry's.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:33 pm

i would trade either of them for addai :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:48 pm

I dont think its anything wrong with Gore's hand, it was banged up, but he's fine from the X-rays...

with that being said, its almost a "push" between the two...i like Gore more, more big game ability, probably end up with more tds, and I see him ending up with more receiving yds...They are going to be very close but Id take gore to finish better
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:54 pm

LS2throwed wrote:I dont think its anything wrong with Gore's hand, it was banged up, but he's fine from the X-rays...

with that being said, its almost a "push" between the two...i like Gore more, more big game ability, probably end up with more tds, and I see him ending up with more receiving yds...They are going to be very close but Id take gore to finish better

I give the edge to Gore too.

Denver always has a running game, but they're rarely committed to any one guy. Someone else gets hot and Henry will lose playing time. Gore is and will be the featured back. I'm not high on him this week for various reasons, but I like his potential more than Henry's.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Decleater » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:56 pm

Love the avitar LS2throwed! Anyhoo, I think it's gonna be Henry with the better stats through the rest of the season. Especially for the simple fact that Denver can and will pass. They have to respect that. Seems like this season has kinda changed as far as defenses go. Gone to a mindset of stop the run and let QBs pass on them if they can. Look at what's happening after the first 3 weeks to all the top RBs from last season. LT, barely 130 yards, but 3 TDs. LJ, barely 140 yards, NO TDs. Jackson, 230+, but NO TDs and now injured. Gore, 175, but 3 TDs. There seems to be a definite trend on what defenses are doing this season.

Just look at what's happening to teams that do have WRs that can catch and produce though. Indy, Pack, Cinci, Pats, and yes, Denver. I know, you're thinking "you're a homer"! No, just showing what you can do with a team that actually has very good receivers and a QB to go along with it. Denver is one of them, and defenses have to respect that.
Decleater
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:18 pm

I still would take Gore over Henry. Just not having to deal with Shanny makes enough of a diff for me. The 9ers are not going to play any worse than they are now and Gore has done nothing to make me think he isn't going to finish strongly.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Guru13 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:22 pm

Henry, his slow start my be attributed to the fact that this is a new system for him, and it's not like it's been that slow of a start, he only has one touchdown, but his yardage totals have been very impressive. As mentioned, SF has very little in the ways of a passing attack right now which allows defenses to put 8 in the box all game, especially now with VD being out for atleast a few weeks. I say Henry. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:42 pm

If we're talking total fantasy points, we should end up with Gore. He'll get the TDs. His last year's numbers were better than Henry has put up in any of the last three years.

Part of the problem for me is that coaches and the game just seems to slip away from Henry. He's Hot then Cold. Gore, to me, just has more upside. Even though his yards are down, he's already scored several TDs.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk