Kevin Jones -- what to expect this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones -- what to expect this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kevin Jones -- what to expect this year?

Postby flyguys20 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:33 pm

What are everyone expectations for Kevin Jones for the remainder of 2007? Will he overtake Bell as the #1 back in Detroit (something I fully expect to happen soon), and get back to the level he was playing at before he was injured? Or is he going to struggle all year? Somewhere in the middle?
flyguys20
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kevin Jones -- what to expect this year?

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:35 pm

he will easily take over bell's job.

against weak defenses he has the ability to explode for 100 yards and multiple tds, but i would save him for nice matchups, not as an every-week starter.

if you're in a PPR league he is very good, kjones catches a lot of passes in the mike martz system

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:48 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:he will easily take over bell's job.

against weak defenses he has the ability to explode for 100 yards and multiple tds, but i would save him for nice matchups, not as an every-week starter.

if you're in a PPR league he is very good, kjones catches a lot of passes in the mike martz system

I agree, the only time Kevin Jones ever deserves a start is if he's playing a weak run def. He's not a guy i'd expect to give you very many 100+ yard games, but he may verywell be able to get some tds. That is if he can stay healthy

I see Jones as a solid #4 RB
activechamp2006
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:31 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:he will easily take over bell's job.

I agree, the only time Kevin Jones ever deserves a start is if he's playing a weak run def. He's not a guy i'd expect to give you very many 100+ yard games, but he may verywell be able to get some tds. That is if he can stay healthy

I see Jones as a solid #4 RB

Jones will be an excellent RB3 who will be a decent RB2 play. He's got great potential and isn't experiencing much pain. Should be fully healthy in a couple weeks (after the Lions bye probably). Even if the Lions don't run much they have a great offense and KJ should catch a lot of balls.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jcgage0 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:59 pm

Would you rather have Foster or Jones.

I ask this b/c I currently have a trade in offering Foster for KJ straight up. With all the positive signs I've heard (cleared by medical, little pain, looks good in practice), I think he could be a great sleeper for the second half. Foster looked great this week, but there is nothing in his past that tells me he can be consistent. Also 4 of Fosters 8 100 yard games have come against ATL who he tore up last week.

With KJs pass catching ability there is no reason he can't be a solid RB2 by week 7 or 8.
jcgage0
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:09 pm

jcgage0 wrote:Would you rather have Foster or Jones.

I ask this b/c I currently have a trade in offering Foster for KJ straight up. With all the positive signs I've heard (cleared by medical, little pain, looks good in practice), I think he could be a great sleeper for the second half. Foster looked great this week, but there is nothing in his past that tells me he can be consistent. Also 4 of Fosters 8 100 yard games have come against ATL who he tore up last week.

With KJs pass catching ability there is no reason he can't be a solid RB2 by week 7 or 8.

I don't see much difference as far as injury concerns go for either back. But I do like Foster's O scheme better. It's too easy to see scenarios whereby KJ or whichever RB only gets 10 touches a game while the Lions try to pass their way into competitiveness. KJ will have the feature role, it's just not that lucrative in a Mad Martz O.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby jcgage0 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:05 pm

moochman wrote:
jcgage0 wrote:Would you rather have Foster or Jones.

I don't see much difference as far as injury concerns go for either back. But I do like Foster's O scheme better. It's too easy to see scenarios whereby KJ or whichever RB only gets 10 touches a game while the Lions try to pass their way into competitiveness. KJ will have the feature role, it's just not that lucrative in a Mad Martz O.

KJ was putting up some pretty solid numbers last year when he was playing in Martz system. Martz system makes your RB number dependent on catching the ball, but KJ has proven he can do that. He had 61 receptions last year and missed like 5 games or so. Marshall Faulk was pretty solid in Martz system. Also I have ADP as my RB2 right now, but I don't like counting on him to produce towards the end of the season especially with the amount of touches he is getting right now. History says there is no reason to think that Foster will be there to produce when I get to the end of the season. Plus, D Williams is not going anywhere and T Bell sucks.
jcgage0
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jcgage0 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:10 pm

After saying the above, I am a bit ancie on this move. I do agree that this zone blocking scheme has been good for Foster so far.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this debate.
jcgage0
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:37 pm

I think they may end up being sort of a push both having some good and not so good games. Foster is a fast powerful back but DeAngelo will limit his rushes to 15-20 per game and Smith will steal TDs from him. I think you are sort of looking at a poor man's Deuce McAllister from last year. Don't count on him for monster games but he should put together respectable #'s in the 8-15ish range. Once in awhile you may get lucky and get a 20+ point game out of him like last week.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby zirco33 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:11 pm

I like KJ here. I dont see Foster putting up big numbers like last week again. Maybe decent games here and there but he is a #4 or #3 at best for the year. KJ is a #3 with the potential to be a #2. I think he will be a great back to platoon as your #2 by week 8. Make the trade!
zirco33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk