Vetoable? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Vetoable?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vetoable?

Postby Skins Fanatic » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:18 pm

This trade is currently tearing apart my league. 12 person league that is entering its 4th year, but we had to replace someone this year, and a new guy with no fantasy football experience was chosen. Today he traded away Rudi Johnson straight up for Jake Delhomme, and the Commissioner accepted the trade because he claimed it was made "in good faith."

IMO this is exactly what a Commissioner veto is there for. Thoughts?
Skins Fanatic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Vetoable?

Postby Skins Fanatic » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:25 pm

For everyone's information, though I don't think circumstances have anything to do with the decision in this case, here is the league info:

12 team redraft, normal scoring except QBs are hampered by 50 yards/point. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex, TE, K, Def rosters.

Team A:
Carson, Cotchery, Fitz, LJ, Edge, Dallas Clark, Deangelo, Santana, Chris Henry (RB), Jason Avant, Vernon Davis, Burleson, Maurice Morris + Delhomme

Team B:
Housh, Kevin Curtis, Ronnie Brown, Jamal, Heap, Jerry Porter, Big Ben, Colston, Rivers, McMichael, Kenny Watson + Rudi
Skins Fanatic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:55 am

Skins Fanatic wrote:IMO this is exactly what a Commissioner veto is there for. Thoughts?

I disagree. This trade borders on not making sense, but it is not so lopsided that it should be vetoed. I wouldn't make the trade, but I'm not the owner of Team B and, as a result, I don't have the rights and privileges that go along with being the owner of Team B.

If the trade was entered into honestly and with both owners believing they were getting a fair exchange, what is there to veto? The Commissioner is not in place to be a "Supermanager" over everyone else's team and veto decisions each owner makes. Maybe the Commissioner should veto his lineup too if he starts the wrong player.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby dream_017 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:34 pm

Battlecreek Dragon wrote:
Skins Fanatic wrote:IMO this is exactly what a Commissioner veto is there for. Thoughts?

I disagree. This trade borders on not making sense, but it is not so lopsided that it should be vetoed. I wouldn't make the trade, but I'm not the owner of Team B and, as a result, I don't have the rights and privileges that go along with being the owner of Team B.

If the trade was entered into honestly and with both owners believing they were getting a fair exchange, what is there to veto? The Commissioner is not in place to be a "Supermanager" over everyone else's team and veto decisions each owner makes. Maybe the Commissioner should veto his lineup too if he starts the wrong player.

I couldn't agree more ;-D Would I make that trade? No....Is it so outlandish that it should be vetoed? No
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:48 pm

terrible trade. i mean the guy already has carson. should it be vetoed? no. they aren't cheating. dude is selling high on delhomme. even though he's injured. :-B
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Return to Commissioner's Corner