My Sleeper of the Week - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My Sleeper of the Week

Moderator: Football Moderators

My Sleeper of the Week

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:36 pm

Ok, here it goes. My sleeper for week 4 is....

Shaun McDonald.

I know there's already a thread about him but I thought I had to start one for this week specifically. CJ has some back problems and I'm assuming he's gonna be out, or at least severely limited this week. Plus, the Chicago matchup is actually really nice. Both the Bears top two corners, Vasher and Tillman are out, so they are paper-thin there. McDonald has been doing pretty well already and with Kitna throwing 40-50+ times a game he'll get plenty of opportunities to haul in a TD.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: My Sleeper of the Week

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:45 pm

I think he scores as well, especially if CJ cant go, but hell all of the Lions will probably score at WR this week...I wish he was actually available in my league, they spread the field out so much Det will take this one and put up big points
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:26 pm

My sleeper is a WR from the same division: James Jones of the Packers. They are having trouble running and the Vikes are not a team that will cure that. They can be beaten like a Martz QB through the air. So I think that Jones will get about 60 and a TD.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby FatFoot » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:28 am

I agree on both, though I don't think either are really sleepers at this point, but rather that Jones is pretty much a full time WR3, and McD is a WR3 based on matchups. But I think you're spot on. The funny thing is it'd almost be more of a sleeper pick this weekend to go Lee Evans. Or Larry Fitzgerald. :)

Also, remember (I'm totally spamming about this... I realize) the Bears D is not just down Vash and Peanut. It's also probably missing Briggs, and almost 100% certainly missing Harris (I heard someone say he may try to play on it... can't imagine that, since the Bears are counting on him... one of the best in the NFL at his position.) Then remember that Brown is on IR. And flash back to Archuleta TRYING to cover against the pass. There is almost no way the Lions receivers have a bad day... unless Kitna goes out of his way to focus on one guy, or something wacky like that. But Roy is a MUST start, and McDonald is like a Kevin Curtis type of play, from his mini peak last year. Potential for lots of yards and maybe a score or two.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Mr. Copernicus » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:13 am

Archuletta does stink and Mike Martz will exploit this. On top of it he broke his hand last week, Tommie Harris is out 1-4 and Ogunyleaaaaahhhhhhwhoknowshowtospellit is also hurting.
Mr. Copernicus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:28 am

The Bears D was worse than decimated last week.

A little history lesson. Bear with me...

When mutinous Roman legions were "decimated" it meant that one in every ten guys had been killed for disciplinary reasons. You could also decimate an enemy which meant killing 10% or more of their force. This nearly always resulted in your side winning the battle. When you are decimated, your army generally falls apart [except for 300, LOL!].

The Bears lost more than 10% of their defensive unit and lost most of their skill players. This week is not going to be pretty. Imagine an NFL team playing 4th preseason game people against the 1st string from another NFL team. That's what this week will feature. Back ups vs. starters.

McDonald is a good play this week.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:15 am

moochman wrote:My sleeper is a WR from the same division: James Jones of the Packers. They are having trouble running and the Vikes are not a team that will cure that. They can be beaten like a Martz QB through the air. So I think that Jones will get about 60 and a TD.

I hope you are right Moochman as I have to start Jones with Andre Johnson hurt and Colston on bye this week for one of my teams.

I like Wes Welker a lot this week. I think he's going to see plenty of looks on Monday night with the Bengals focusing on trying to contain Rnady Moss.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:05 pm

FatFoot wrote:I agree on both, though I don't think either are really sleepers at this point, but rather that Jones is pretty much a full time WR3, and McD is a WR3 based on matchups.

Exactly my train of though FF.....Ill be starting McDonald in the two ppr leagues I have him in with confidence. ;-D

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby pangbones » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:33 pm

McDonald is a top 20 WR in my ppr league. I picked him up 2 weeks ago, and will have him in my lineup this week against my Bears!! :-o It could get ugly this week in Motown!! :-t
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:23 pm

I don't think Shaun McDonald can be called a sleeper anymore. He's the #16 ranked WR in standard scoring leagues. That right there is a very strong #2 and a borderline #1 fantasy WR 8-o You should be starting him every week based on what he has done thus far.

An actual "sleeper" this week is a guy on the same team as McDonald, who has been less productive thus far: Mike Furrey. Furrey is a sleeper for all the same reasons you mentioned above for McDonald, except Furrey is only ranked at WR#56 right now.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk