Larry Johnson, you have sucked, grab some bench - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Larry Johnson, you have sucked, grab some bench

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Larry Johnson, you have sucked, grab some bench

Postby treat24 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:22 pm

yeah, pretty silly benching him... you must have some pretty dang good RBs on your team...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby moonhead » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:29 pm

Fantasy Man 27 wrote:
moonhead wrote:yeh. i am with steven jackson. ;-D

Isn't SJax out?

yeah that was pretty much my point.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Richie Rich » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:39 pm

hmmm, i still have the trade offer of TJ and KJ for his Larry Johnson on the table...do i accept?
QB: Sanchez
RB: CJ, LT
WR: White, Jennings,
TE: Shockey
W/R:
K: Rackers
Defense: NO
BN: Marshall, Ward, Bess, VJax, Lynch, Favre

12 Team H2H Yahoo! PPR League
Richie Rich
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SacKings384 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:51 pm

Richie Rich wrote:hmmm, i still have the trade offer of TJ and KJ for his Larry Johnson on the table...do i accept?

Jessica Alba is laying on your bed in a... rather frisky position. She says she's going to call over Beyonce too. Do you accept? There's your answer.
SacKings384
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby treat24 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:58 pm

that;s a tough call man... TJ is doing as good if not better than LJ right now... KJ is scoring and playing more. So those two give you depth without much drop from LJ... I would almost stand pat and keep the 2 backs... but go with your gut... personally, I'd rather have LJ right now. If they can find some passing rhythm with Bowe and Gonzalez... LJ might get some room. The line still sucks... oh well
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Richie Rich » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:42 pm

treat24 wrote:that;s a tough call man... TJ is doing as good if not better than LJ right now... KJ is scoring and playing more. So those two give you depth without much drop from LJ... I would almost stand pat and keep the 2 backs... but go with your gut... personally, I'd rather have LJ right now. If they can find some passing rhythm with Bowe and Gonzalez... LJ might get some room. The line still sucks... oh well

i took the deal...as a jets fan, i have lost hope in that offense...they gave the ball to TJ 12 times against the 28th ranked, beat up defense...pathetic...and kj i am a hater when it comes to RBBC and with tatum bell there, kj looks to be stuck with sharing the load...so i pulled the trigger...at least now i can't bench Bowe again and lose b/c of it...i will be starting him @ flex this week...go LJ!
QB: Sanchez
RB: CJ, LT
WR: White, Jennings,
TE: Shockey
W/R:
K: Rackers
Defense: NO
BN: Marshall, Ward, Bess, VJax, Lynch, Favre

12 Team H2H Yahoo! PPR League
Richie Rich
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Karoz » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:03 am

eagle0588 wrote:
Karoz wrote:Yes, until he gets past this tough schedule and starts getting his usual number of carries.

I'm not at all angry about the situation, though. When I drafted him, I fully expected him to ride the bench for the first five or six games of the season. If anyone is in a league with an owner that has become disenchanted with LJ, then definitely try to trade for him. These poor performances won't last very long.

why the hell would u draft your #1 pick just so he would ride the pine? If you had known that you shoulda drafted someone like addai, gore, or rudi johnson

I drafted him because I know that in the second half of the season, he will be better than the backs that you listed. I'm stacked at RB, so there was no need to start LJ early.

I have Brian Westbrook, Larry Johnson, Marion Barber, Adrian Peterson (MIN), LaMont Jordan, Chris Brown, and Derrick Ward. Great trading in previous seasons landed me two 1st round picks and two second round picks this year. I suffered in the previous two seasons, but it has all paid off for this year.

Anyway, I started LJ for the first time this week. He did better than any of my other RBs. I guess I picked a good week to finally start him.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SacKings384 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:40 pm

Looks like we're back to the same ol' LJ... 4 rushes for 1 yard...
SacKings384
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Portlis X » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:21 pm

Larry Johnson is effing useless.

I don't know why the chiefs ever gave in to this overgrown crybaby. He's just another example of a spoiled brat athlete who plays hard until he gets a big contract, then doesn't give a flying turd after that. I hope he blows out his knee so I can just drop his over rated self from my fantasy team for good.

Thanks for ruining my fantasy season. I should have taken Randy Moss #5 overall instead.
Portlis X
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dmourning » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:32 pm

LJ is a total turd. I'm 0-4 and he isn't helping me change that with his performance thus far :-t
Dmourning
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting