Can someone explain why this trade was vetoed? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Can someone explain why this trade was vetoed?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can someone explain why this trade was vetoed?

Postby dugbrandon » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:14 am

10 team, 1 PPR, 10yd rushing/point 15 yds rec/ point.

Lamont Jordan and Donald Driver were Traded for Antonio Gates and Willie Parker.

Most people think the trade is in favor of the team getting Gates and Parker, I understand that. But is it so lopsided that it should have been vetoed? It is PPR and Jordan gets Way more catches than Parker. I feel that this trade is about as fair as you will find. Somehow it got vetoed though. I am not involved in the trade but am still quite upset that this got vetoed. In my opinion if this can't get through nothing should. I would like to post a responses from this thread on the league board to show some unbiased opinions. Please Help if you can. I would like to get this trade through for these 2 guys by this weekend like it should have been.
dugbrandon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Can someone explain why this trade was vetoed?

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:11 am

Just looking at the players involved, the exchange of value is fair enough and it should not be vetoed.

I'd be curious to see the rosters of the team's involved before passing final judgement.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Goody » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:35 pm

Battlecreek Dragon wrote:Just looking at the players involved, the exchange of value is fair enough and it should not be vetoed.

I'd be curious to see the rosters of the team's involved before passing final judgement.

It doesn't even matter if the exchange value is fair. As long as there is no collusion, the trade SHOULD NOT be vetoed. Cheating is the ONLY reason a trade should be vetoed.
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby southernSteeler » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:04 am

That trade does not look vetoeable at all, I really don't understand that. I think people are just getting upset at someone making a good trade. I would rather be the one getting Parker and Gates though, but that doesn't make a trade vetoeable IMO. How many times has the commish of the NFL vetoed a trade that was stupid in the NFL? Ricky Williams anybody........
southernSteeler Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Commissioner's Corner