Expectations from Mcnabb from here on out...?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Expectations from Mcnabb from here on out...??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Expectations from Mcnabb from here on out...??

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:59 pm

Im wondering what you guys think, do you think he can finish a whole year healthy, can he continue to put up good games like last week or was it just detroit and will he go back to looking like he did the first few weeks...

Im curious because im trying to deal cutler and bowe for him for the qb upgrade, but I dont want to get him and 2 weeks from now he gets hurt, or he ends up sucking it up, if thats the case ill keep what I have
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Expectations from Mcnabb from here on out...??

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:54 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Im wondering what you guys think, do you think he can finish a whole year healthy, can he continue to put up good games like last week or was it just detroit and will he go back to looking like he did the first few weeks...

Im curious because im trying to deal cutler and bowe for him for the qb upgrade, but I dont want to get him and 2 weeks from now he gets hurt, or he ends up sucking it up, if thats the case ill keep what I have

I think the brace was really screwing him up the first couple weeks. He removed it for week 3 and did much better. Assuming he keeps the brace off... and doesn't get hurt... I think the sky's the limit.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:09 pm

Barring injury, McNabb will be a top 5 QB. The man has skillz.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:16 pm

it depends on whether it was him being more confident, or the Lions D being that bad. Then again, if he looks decent-to-good this week, he could be very viable. Two games versus Dallas, New Orleans, Giants again, Miami, Buffalo, Minnesota (I think Reid will own Childress in that one), Miami then you have wild cards in the Skins (While the score didn't reflect it, McNabb did start to click a little bit), Seattle. Bears, Pats obviously tough matchups. I think if he moves well again, we could be onto something. Granted, I thought he was more "better" than he was to start the season...
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Regalus » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:56 pm

I agree with josebach post about his brace. He looked utterly horrible while he played with that thing on. Detriot can make any Qb look like something special, but I think McNabb needed a game like that to get going. I am also a McNabb owner so it could just be wishful thinking.
Regalus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LJ's Crush » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:12 pm

Lions DEF sucks but come on 56 points he is back get him for cheap if you can its just the injury concern with him but as a player he is back.
LJ's Crush
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:32 am

At the very least he should do better than Cutler most weeks, and has a high ceiling. Make that trade if the other guy will take.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:00 pm

I swear these buy low / sell high proposals are wearing me out. They are all based on an owner that decided to start watching football 2 weeks ago. How would anyone even consider trading a 5 time pro bowler for jay cutler :-B

Maybe McNabb only lit the place up because Detroit is so bad and will suddenly fall to a journeyman career backup as many in the media predicted. He will become just like Daunte Culpepper is what I recall reading ad nauseam. We all saw what a crappy Vikings QB did against the Lions right? Turned in a crappy performance...

Anyway I have high expectations for McNabb and you just have to hope he does not get hurt but that is no different from any player on your roster.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PurpleHaze » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:42 pm

As long as he remains healthy, he will do what he has done last several years ...
The highest, or one of top 5 highest fantasy producers in football...

Please Stay Healthy Donovan!!! :-o
Sig courtesy of chargersfan36!
PurpleHaze
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LJ's Crush » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:06 pm

PurpleHaze wrote:As long as he remains healthy, he will do what he has done last several years ...
The highest, or one of top 5 highest fantasy producers in football...

Please Stay Healthy Donovan!!! :-o

I take back what I daid 3 points after scoring 56 I give up this has been a terible season for me 1-3 never thought this would happen.
LJ's Crush
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk