If Javon's Injury Becomes Serious, B. Marshalls Value Skyroc - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If Javon's Injury Becomes Serious, B. Marshalls Value Skyroc

Moderator: Football Moderators

If Javon's Injury Becomes Serious, B. Marshalls Value Skyroc

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:41 pm

If Javon Walkers injury were to nag him or shut him down for a considerable amount of time, would this help or hurt Brandon Marshalls value? Right now, Cutler looks to him a lot even with Javon healthy, so if Javon were to be out, would teams double Marshall and lessen his value? or would he become the primary recipient of all of Cutlers passes, thus Skyrocketing his value??? Opinions Welcome!!!
12 Team .5 PPR Money League
1st Place 8-4 (1456.70 Pts)

QB Schaub
WR RWayne
WR Driver
RB DWill
RB RGrant
TE VDavis
W/R Mendenhall
K Tynes
DEF WW
BENCH TJHoush,DMC,Winslow,DAvery,Arizonas D (for Playoffs)
NYMetsIn2k4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: If Javon's Injury Becomes Serious, B. Marshalls Value Skyroc

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:30 pm

Stokely would bump up for sure. Marshalls value is solid right now when playing with Walker. But without seeing any of the Broncos games this year, I can't say for sure that if he does or doesn't hold WR1 qualities.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby SniperShot » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:34 pm

I think it would hurt Marshall overall.

Sure it's all fine and dandy that he becomes the top WR in Denver, but think about it, that means he'll be getting the other teams #1 CB every week. With the lack of a decent pass catching TE and questions about the #3 WR (who would become the #2 with Walker out) Brandon Stokley ? Rod Smith when he gets healthy? Stokley is a slot type guy, he wouldn't draw much of any double coverage and Rod Smith is like 60 years old and coming off a hip injury, who knows how effective he might be if he can return in week 7 or whenever.

Marshall owners want Walker in there. Walker will draw double coverage and he can deal with that, Marshall might be able to as well with the great talent he has but I think his stats would be better as the #2 wr drawing more single coverage and the #2 CB as a supplement of Walker. We've never really seen Marshall in that #1 spot though really in the NFL so I don't know how well he might do. Maybe he will make a great #1 who knows.

Just my thoughts on the situation, I could be totally off but that's how I see it.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby venus » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:01 pm

As a Marshall owner in both of my leagues, I would prefer that Walker is on the field. More single coverages, and usually the the #2 corner is always preferable, besides he is almost even with Walker so far this year for looks, think its, 30 Walker, to 26 Marshall.

QB's Palmer, Kitna
RB's SA, Henry, TJones, Chester Taylor,
WR's Harrison, Branch, RBrown, Evans, BMarshall
TE's Shockey
K's Kaeding
D Pitt, NE
venus
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk