2 trades in the works...what ya'll think??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

2 trades in the works...what ya'll think???

Moderator: Football Moderators

2 trades in the works...what ya'll think???

Postby FantaSith » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:11 pm

I am the commsioner in a 12 owner, keeper league, you are allowed to keep 4 players(2 from any position and 4th keeper must be a rookie from previous year). The scorring is pretty balanced, with ppr, and small yardage and long play bonuses. I have two trades that are being voted on, I allow all the team owners that are not involved in trades to vote; yes, no, or dont care. I give myself 2 votes to break ties, but also have the ability to veto if I think people are voting to reject the trades for bad reasons. It is tough enough to trade and I find that if you leave it entirely to voting many people will vote based off of how it effects them, and not if it is fair, which is not a legitimate reason to reject in my opinion.

Scenario #1: The first trade seems very fair and I have pretty much decided to let it go through regardless of the outcome.

Team A trades B. Marshall WR DEN(good keeper value) he already has other great WR's and has great need for TE.

Team B trades T Heap TE BAL, he has J Witten too and needs a WR.

Simple enough makes sense for both owners.

Scenario 2:This other trade is a bit more complicated for a number of reasons.

Team A trades Brett Favre QB GBP, he has T Brady, and many good-great WR's.

Team B trades A Gonzalez (rookie) WR IND, has only Delhomme(questionable) and was going to drop Gonzo Jr regardless.

Now obviously Favre has done much better then Gonzo Jr. right now, but Favre has no keepr value since he was not drafted, whereas Gonzo was drafted and could be kept next year for losing a 7th round pick. The other major issue is that I am Team A, and as the commisioner I cannot make the final say( I feel this would not be viewed with open arms). As the owner of the team I have no real use for Favre as Brady is going to start every week, and I will pick someone up for his bye(week10). I was going to try to pickup an additional WR until the trade came-up...and Team B was going to drop Gonzo for a QB. So it made sense for both of us. I know Gonzo is not there yet, but I like the chance of him putting up some good numbers a la Brandon Stokely, and he could be great if Harrison, Wayne or D Clark go down for an extended period. Plus he can be great trade bait for a team that has no keeper choices, if and when I make a playoff run I can package him and get a non-keeper stud to strenghten...he is also not that bad-great depending on M Harrison aging--or--possibility of retirement as far as keeping on my team for next year.

So I think it makes sense...but I may need to support it with some outside opinions. Please let me know what you all think of these trades, especially scenario 2.
FantaSith
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2 trades in the works...what ya'll think???

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:33 pm

Trade one is unquestionably fine.

Trade two is unquestionably fine considering it is a keeper league.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby spodog » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:08 pm

These trades are fine.

Unless there is collusion evident, let the trade go through. It is not your job as the commish to pass judgement on whether the owner should make the trade or not and then block it.

Get out of the way and let the league function.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mariners100 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:34 pm

spodog wrote:Get out of the way and let the league function.

I agree... just let it go, those trades are fair
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Commissioner's Corner