Brees after bye: Done or a NEW Beginnig! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Brees after bye: Done or a NEW Beginnig!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brees after bye: Done or a NEW Beginnig!

Postby codered7 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:02 pm

You NO peeps, Whats the inside scoop? Will he be good or not?
He has no excuse from his schedule...it's not too bad, only tough ones are JAX, TB, ARI(playoffs), PHI(playoffs)... and those are not even the elite ds.
I might wanna buy him with a penny right now... he is the worst qb in the league right now lol!
Image
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1759
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 27 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Patriot Nation

Re: Brees after bye: Done or a NEW Beginnig!

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:16 pm

He can't do any worse so the only way to go for Brees is up. I hope the Saints get it together, both for their city and because I have Colston.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1732
Joined: 17 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Brees after bye: Done or a NEW Beginnig!

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:12 pm

Flyn high again wrote:He can't do any worse so the only way to go for Brees is up. I hope the Saints get it together, both for their city and because I have Colston.


agreed, he is already so low the only way he can really go is up.

i wonder if someone else had already told you that though....hmm....
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5309
Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Beantown, Taxachusetts

Re: Brees after bye: Done or a NEW Beginnig!

Postby deacon » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:13 pm

As Brees continues to sink my 0-3 team I don't see any indication that he will get much better. I don't know the reason why he has been so bad so far.

There was no prevalent injuries impacting the team in the first 3 games.
They had the same players as last year.
They are running the same scheme as last year.
They have not played any of the top tier defenses so far.

Now they will have to go it without Duece and Reggie Bush has not shown the ability to shoulder the running load. So far Bush has been nothing more than a gimmick player used in different positions to create matchup problems. Now he will have to be a more traditional RB.

I wish I could dump him onto some other team but no one will take him right now. Even Joey Harrington has more points than Brees. To think I picked Brees 3 spots before Brady was taken thinking he would have more yards because NE would be very run heavy this year. I guess that's fantasy football for ya!
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 792
Joined: 7 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South of Atlanta

Re: Brees after bye: Done or a NEW Beginnig!

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:20 pm

I think Deuce's injury is gonna actually benefit Brees. Instead of trying to unsuccessfully pound it the Saints now have a more defined running and passing game. More playing time for Bush = more opportunity to throw him the ball.
Image
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 5602
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: North of the Border

Re: Brees after bye: Done or a NEW Beginnig!

Postby deacon » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:29 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:I think Deuce's injury is gonna actually benefit Brees. Instead of trying to unsuccessfully pound it the Saints now have a more defined running and passing game. More playing time for Bush = more opportunity to throw him the ball.


So you are saying losing your #1 powerback and replacing him with a punt returner/H-back is going to give the offense a more defined running game?
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 792
Joined: 7 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South of Atlanta

Re: Brees after bye: Done or a NEW Beginnig!

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:15 am

deacon wrote:As Brees continues to sink my 0-3 team I don't see any indication that he will get much better. I don't know the reason why he has been so bad so far.

There was no prevalent injuries impacting the team in the first 3 games.
They had the same players as last year.
They are running the same scheme as last year.
They have not played any of the top tier defenses so far.

Now they will have to go it without Duece and Reggie Bush has not shown the ability to shoulder the running load. So far Bush has been nothing more than a gimmick player used in different positions to create matchup problems. Now he will have to be a more traditional RB.

I wish I could dump him onto some other team but no one will take him right now. Even Joey Harrington has more points than Brees. To think I picked Brees 3 spots before Brady was taken thinking he would have more yards because NE would be very run heavy this year. I guess that's fantasy football for ya!


Wow that has to make you sick to your stomach lol...decisions like that can be the difference between 0-3 with brees, and 3-0 with brees..and honestly its the right pick, alot of people go with brees over brady seeing how brees finished last yr, and how good he was in the preseason..

thing about waiting for these guys to get better is the guys who drafted brees, lee evans etc have very little patience because they have probably lost games because of them and are tired of getting blanked...i know personally from experience when i draft a bust, i try to trade him asap while he has value, i remember keeping chambers too long last yr and i couldnt even cut him, no one wanted him at all lol..But the new owners who go after these guys, have more patience since he hasnt hurt your team yet...but im interested in what you guys think


Im in a 14 team league and henderson was dropped and even with them on a bye i picked him up, just because you never know, he has looked even worse because its not like he doesnt get chances he's dropping the ball all together, so if brees gets it going henderson does, and im going to hope for the best
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Re: Brees after bye: Done or a NEW Beginnig!

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:49 am

Brees looks so bad right now that I have a hard time seeing him turn it up.Of aAll the weapons he had: Deuce, Bush, Colston, Henderson. two are gone and even though Colston looks to be open a lot, Bush doesn't seem to be used well in the passing game. They have a lot of work to do during the bye to get their heads on straight and come up with a passing attack. As someone mentioned earlier, the injury to Deuce could help by forcing them to move Bush around more and hopefully confuse Ds. Then all Brees has to do is throw the ball with the authority of last season.

Who do they play after the bye?
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Brees after bye: Done or a NEW Beginnig!

Postby Felix the Cat » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:47 am

It's not Brees, it's the offensive line. Brees is being pressured as soon as the ball is snapped, and has to get rid of the ball. This leads to a short YPA and more mistakes such as INTs. I've watched two of the Saints' games and in each one the offensive line looked terrible. I think it's actually a credit to Brees that he's able to get rid of the ball quickly and accurately (63.8 comp%) with an offensive line that closely resembles a sieve.

If the bye week helps the O-line to get its act together, I think we could see Brees return to form. Otherwise, unfortunately, it looks like a lost season for a great quarterback.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 886
Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: University of Florida, Gator Nation, USA

Re: Brees after bye: Done or a NEW Beginnig!

Postby Posse » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:28 am

Felix the Cat wrote:It's not Brees, it's the offensive line. Brees is being pressured as soon as the ball is snapped, and has to get rid of the ball. This leads to a short YPA and more mistakes such as INTs. I've watched two of the Saints' games and in each one the offensive line looked terrible. I think it's actually a credit to Brees that he's able to get rid of the ball quickly and accurately (63.8 comp%) with an offensive line that closely resembles a sieve.

If the bye week helps the O-line to get its act together, I think we could see Brees return to form. Otherwise, unfortunately, it looks like a lost season for a great quarterback.



I agree. It's the O-line. I have Brees in a dynasty. I do have Rivers as a backup, but he's not a yardage machine.
Posse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 467
Joined: 28 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:49 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact