The Office - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Office

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Office

Postby Santacruzer » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:38 am

eaglesrule wrote:i like how they had 700 in funds, and wasted it on the big check and the stripper.

I love how Michael was oblivious to her being a stripper. On her walking up in her "nurse" uniform, "Oh, Hi! Good to see you finished putting yourself through school!"
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:38 am

RiffRaff wrote:Is Dwight really a moron or is he Brilliant? :-?

Both, I think.

Pay to the order of Science :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:13 am

josebach wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:Is Dwight really a moron or is he Brilliant? :-?

Both, I think.

Pay to the order of Science :-b

Haha, that's what I was going to say as well. He's just Dwight.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:27 pm

The office is the BEST comedy on tv right now. barnone. Gotta love it!!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SJNez46 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:35 pm

ya, the office is the best. I am just hoping that they dont go into the direction that a lot of great shows go in and make it into a relationship show. Plenty of those on TV :-/
^soty
SJNez46
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:45 pm

SJNez46 wrote:ya, the office is the best. I am just hoping that they dont go into the direction that a lot of great shows go in and make it into a relationship show. Plenty of those on TV :-/

the thing i've always loved about this show is that it is funny on it's own merits. You take out the relationships (romance ones) and the show is still hilarious. The biggest problem facing the show is the actor becoming to big. from the sounds of it they focus episodes around schedules so that the actors can do other movies and tv shows. They sent oscar on a 3 month vacation so he could shoot "halfway house" fo comedy central.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:44 am

I wish Jim was still with Karen. She was much more attractive than Pam.

I think Pam's charm comes from her homeliness, or whatever you want to call it, but to me she's just extremely annoying. Her weak personality pisses me off. Maybe I'm the only one. :-b
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:05 am

sportsaddict wrote:I wish Jim was still with Karen. She was much more attractive than Pam.

I think Pam's charm comes from her homeliness, or whatever you want to call it, but to me she's just extremely annoying. Her weak personality pisses me off. Maybe I'm the only one. :-b

I don't know if you're the only one, but I definitely disagree. I don't think Pam is homely at all. And even though Karen is traditionally better looking, Pam's personality and sense of humor more than make up for it. (Plus whe has a nice body... did you see Blades of Glory? ;-D )

With as much as I like the The Office, I actually think the better episodes are the ones that don't make Michael look so stupid. If they toned down Michaels awkward moments and humanized him a little more often, I would like the show better.

Personally my favorite comedy on TV right now is definitely Entourage, but I realize not everybody has HBO. Office is #2.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:05 am

josebach wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:I wish Jim was still with Karen. She was much more attractive than Pam.

I don't know if you're the only one, but I definitely disagree. I don't think Pam is homely at all. And even though Karen is traditionally better looking, Pam's personality and sense of humor more than make up for it. (Plus whe has a nice body... did you see Blades of Glory? ;-D )

With as much as I like the The Office, I actually think the better episodes are the ones that don't make Michael look so stupid. If they toned down Michaels awkward moments and humanized him a little more often, I would like the show better.

Personally my favorite comedy on TV right now is definitely Entourage, but I realize not everybody has HBO. Office is #2.

I agree 100% with you Jose. and entourage is probably my #2 behind the office... which is kinda funny. I agree. I love when they show michael in "sales" situations. They show how he is a really great salesman. Pam... man... I have such a crush on that character. She looked absolutely gorgeous in the premier too... some kind of sparkle in her eye, just happy i guess. Sooo hot...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:21 pm

Holy crap....tonights episode was darn funny. The best of of the short season so far.

The whole Chatroom party thing was hilarious!

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk