Is it just me or..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Is it just me or.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Is it just me or.....

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:04 am

Met's been out a ton recently. I have been super busy, Treat's been busier than normal, Jimbo hasn't been around GT as much lately.

Yeah, I guess that is right Jose. Explains a lot of it. :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:46 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:I don't have all that much time on my hands as compared to last season.

There's the problem right there! Watch out, you may get demoted and replaced by a new cafe post whore. :-b
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:55 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:I don't have all that much time on my hands as compared to last season.

There's the problem right there! Watch out, you may get demoted and replaced by a new cafe post whore. :-b

Is that going to be you?
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:58 pm

It seems to have slowed down... but then again, i haven't been here at much so maybe its just me
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:00 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:

Is that going to be you?

Yea right, i'm just a schmoe :-b
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:25 pm

GT always slows down when the season starts. Besides who wants to talk general when we can finally talk football after all these months? ;-) :-D

The site has slowed down I think, not significantly at all, but very slightly.

I have evidence of Matchup Meltdown participation at least: I made a post early last year, Buffalo loses to Miami which cited the number of Matchup Meltdown participants. 232. This year we've got 212 I think, down 20, not bad but not great. We should grow not decrease! Bunches of people who visit this site never even see the games either, I know I didn't till my 2nd season here\ so that's not accurate of site participation but whatever. :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby josebach » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:18 pm

Well, if there is a decline or lack of growth, I think improving our rankings section could help. I think one of the main attributes of a fantasy football site that people look for are the rankings. 2 main things stand out with the cafe's rankings:

1) We don't have an overall ranking section that ranks all positions together
2) the individual rankings we do have haven't been touched since June 22nd

Granted, we also have some nice mock drafts, but even the most recent mock draft occurred before pre-season games even started. Considering most people don't even draft until a week or two before the season starts, I think improving the rankings section, keeping it up to date and then promoting it as a staple of the cafe would be quite beneficial. Just a thought.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:25 pm

josebach wrote:Well, if there is a decline or lack of growth, I think improving our rankings section could help. I think one of the main attributes of a fantasy football site that people look for are the rankings. 2 main things stand out with the cafe's rankings:

Granted, we also have some nice mock drafts, but even the most recent mock draft occurred before pre-season games even started. Considering most people don't even draft until a week or two before the season starts, I think improving the rankings section, keeping it up to date and then promoting it as a staple of the cafe would be quite beneficial. Just a thought.

:-?

By rankings, do you mean player rankings? We do those every week - Start/Sit. On top of that Pat does his Defense Rank Thingamajobber every year, and he even started it this week (a week early) to account for demand. I don't see the benefit of one lump ranking for all players after the draft. Do you use that, and if so what do you use it for?

Otherwise our Rankings section is also updated weekly, but with NFL Team Power Rankings instead of Player Rankings.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:27 pm

knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:Well, if there is a decline or lack of growth, I think improving our rankings section could help. I think one of the main attributes of a fantasy football site that people look for are the rankings. 2 main things stand out with the cafe's rankings:

:-?

By rankings, do you mean player rankings? We do those every week - Start/Sit. On top of that Pat does his Defense Rank Thingamajobber every year, and he even started it this week (a week early) to account for demand. I don't see the benefit of one lump ranking for all players after the draft. Do you use that, and if so what do you use it for?

Otherwise our Rankings section is also updated weekly, but with NFL Team Power Rankings instead of Player Rankings.

I'm talking about a first time visitor clicking on the rankings section, seeing that it has a June 22nd date and then leaving before they go any further. I'm not saying that's why I come to the cafe, but I think addressing this will help get new traffic.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:34 pm

If you click on the rankings section, you get a current article. :-?
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk