Is it just me or..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Is it just me or.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Is it just me or.....

Postby treat24 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 am

Madison wrote:Question about the sticky threads though. Where exactly would they go? Stickies/Announcements clutter up forums. Not sure 6 additional stickies would be a good thing, but I'm listening :-)

With links in Rankings, I don't think they would need to be stickied. There would also be more foot traffic to those threads, so my guess is they stay bumped pretty easily in the offseason.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:46 am

treat24 wrote:
Madison wrote:Question about the sticky threads though. Where exactly would they go? Stickies/Announcements clutter up forums. Not sure 6 additional stickies would be a good thing, but I'm listening :-)

With links in Rankings, I don't think they would need to be stickied. There would also be more foot traffic to those threads, so my guess is they stay bumped pretty easily in the offseason.

That might work, but another idea would be to make a new forum. Name it something like positional rankings or something like that. Then we could put in there threads on positional rankings/information that were stickied and threads on team position battles/offseason moves.

Anyway, my thoughts on doing a whole new forum is that you could make the writers/editors that committed to keeping up with things mods and they could go in and edit the threads as they needed updating. That way we could keep things updated through a team effort. ;-D

Or another thought would be a Leftovers subforum with just the RB, QB, WR, DEF, K, TE, etc. threads stickied in there and locked to new posts.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:06 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:That might work, but another idea would be to make a new forum. Name it something like positional rankings or something like that. Then we could put in there threads on positional rankings/information that were stickied and threads on team position battles/offseason moves.

Anyway, my thoughts on doing a whole new forum is that you could make the writers/editors that committed to keeping up with things mods and they could go in and edit the threads as they needed updating. That way we could keep things updated through a team effort. ;-D

That's a good idea! ;-D
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:26 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:That might work, but another idea would be to make a new forum. Name it something like positional rankings or something like that. Then we could put in there threads on positional rankings/information that were stickied and threads on team position battles/offseason moves.

Or another thought would be a Leftovers subforum with just the RB, QB, WR, DEF, K, TE, etc. threads stickied in there and locked to new posts.

I think that would be nice, assuming you have dedicated people working it. Not allowing people to post in the thread might cause the mods to miss some information and make us, as a site, look less informed. It's especially nice having people give inside info from their teams. That the big guys haven't picked up yet. Locking the forum to new threads makes sense, but i don't see any reason why people can't post in the thread, as long as it doesn't get out of control or off topic.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:17 am

treat24 wrote:

I think that would be nice, assuming you have dedicated people working it. Not allowing people to post in the thread might cause the mods to miss some information and make us, as a site, look less informed. It's especially nice having people give inside info from their teams. That the big guys haven't picked up yet. Locking the forum to new threads makes sense, but i don't see any reason why people can't post in the thread, as long as it doesn't get out of control or off topic.

Oh yeah, there is NO way I want to lock it down from posts, just locked from new threads. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:22 am

Relax kiddies I'm home now. All is right in the world. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:55 am

Well, since Madison is on board with it, I think that at bare minimum I would be willing to write the rankings section and update it every week with the mocks we do. I obviously have way more time on my hands in the offseason than just doing that. As far as the positional threads in the possible new forum... I'll do what I can, we'll see where it actually goes from this point. I like the team effort idea and would love to be part of that team. I think it would keep things updated much faster.

As far as articles, I was talking to a couple of cafe friends about some ideas a couple of weeks ago. It might be something to revisit some of those ideas and think of more of an offseason spin.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk