Who else is benching Marvin this weekend??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who else is benching Marvin this weekend???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Who else is benching Marvin this weekend???

Postby benb18a » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:09 am

I'm surprised nobody has anything to say today. Oh wait, no I'm not.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J.C.Fighter » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:09 am

LS2throwed wrote:Honestly when you start benching Marvin Harrison your overthinking your team...

He is arguably the 2nd best wr to EVERY play the game, and he's still playing like he's in his prime, with arguably the greatest qb of all time when its all said and done, there isnt any other wr you could probably have with a greater chance of scoring then harrison...he can score any week easily, and to make matters worse if you bench him when he explodes, and you lose because of it you will feel like crap guaranteed lol...I know champ is champ, but its not like TO didnt make him look foolish when he played for philly, so marvis is definately talented enough to burn him, and its not like manning needs much space...

you draft marvin to start him the entire season, he's the other "safe" pick with peyton

:~( :~(
Luckily I stilled won my matchup with Marvin starting.
J.C.Fighter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:30 am

benb18a wrote:I'm surprised nobody has anything to say today. Oh wait, no I'm not.

If he would have been shut down, I think it would have been a good reason to talk, but when he gets hurt while blocking in a freak kind of way, I don't chalk it up as a prediction won.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby mikus » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:45 am

WickedSmaat wrote:
benb18a wrote:I'm surprised nobody has anything to say today. Oh wait, no I'm not.

If he would have been shut down, I think it would have been a good reason to talk, but when he gets hurt while blocking in a freak kind of way, I don't chalk it up as a prediction won.

True, I did not expect Harrison to get hurt. But following my advice would have helped fantasy owners avoid the ole' goose egg, nonetheless.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:59 am

I guess the injury affected the verdict.....but that is something to keep in mind: marvin, while obviously still a great route runner with speed, is getting a bit frail after all these years. The TO comparison that LS2throwed wouldn't work the same because TO is big enough to play physical with bailey and probably just run over him. Marvin would have to rely on his speed/wit, which bailey can match.

Maybe this is the year Wayne finally surpasses Marvin? I thought last year would be Marvin's downfall, but he exploded at the end of season.....and beat my playoff team

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:49 pm

Never Bench Your Studs.

You drafted these guys because they're good, not because they will occasionally have good matchups. Good players surpass good/bad matchups.

Seriously - would you consider benching LT for a bad matchup? Or LJ? Or Gore? Or Carson Palmer? If so, I want to play in a league with you!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:17 pm

knapplc wrote:Never Bench Your Studs.

You drafted these guys because they're good, not because they will occasionally have good matchups. Good players surpass good/bad matchups.

Seriously - would you consider benching LT for a bad matchup? Or LJ? Or Gore? Or Carson Palmer? If so, I want to play in a league with you!

Before this week LJ wasn't helping me much :~(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk