bye week strategy.... Is this legit to do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

bye week strategy.... Is this legit to do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

bye week strategy.... Is this legit to do?

Postby bengalbeliever » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:11 pm

Okay i tried searching the board if this was posted before, but i didnt find anything. I came up with this idea and I think its legit and being a smart manager of your team. Anyway, do you think this is okay to do:

I want to trade a quality sub on my team that I don't need to someone that needs him for his bye week. In return he trades me a quality player on his team, then we trade back. For example this is what we are going to do. I'm trading D. Foster and my scrub TE McMichaels for his quality TE Crumpler and a scrub. Then we are going to trade right back on Monday. Is this legit?
bengalbeliever
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: bye week strategy.... Is this legit to do?

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:32 pm

Nope!

This is a disguised form of collusion. The objective of trading is to improve both teams. At the point you trade back, neither team has improved and all you have done is collude to protect certain players from being snagged on the waiver wire as you cover your bye problem.

If you did this in my league, I would allow the first trade because I'll assume I didn't know in advance what you were doing. But I would absolutely veto the second trade.

My league rules specifically address trade backs as being one type of trade that is subject to veto. The longer the time between the two trades might reduce the chance of a veto, but a trade back within just one week should get vetoed. If your league rules don't address this, they should.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cards24 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:11 pm

Battlecreek Dragon wrote:Nope!

This is a disguised form of collusion. The objective of trading is to improve both teams. At the point you trade back, neither team has improved and all you have done is collude to protect certain players from being snagged on the waiver wire as you cover your bye problem.

If you did this in my league, I would allow the first trade because I'll assume I didn't know in advance what you were doing. But I would absolutely veto the second trade.

My league rules specifically address trade backs as being one type of trade that is subject to veto. The longer the time between the two trades might reduce the chance of a veto, but a trade back within just one week should get vetoed. If your league rules don't address this, they should.

Well said ;-D You are playing in dangerous waters. You can either have the owner bail on you on the second part of the trade or like battle said the commish would not accept 2nd trade.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:31 pm

Definitely, definitely, definitely collusion. Like Battlecreek said, this trade/these trades only benefit one team, which is definitely collusion.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bengalbeliever » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:45 am

thanks everyone for the clarification. I figured it wasn't going to slide, but i'm just looking out for the best for my team. I think I got a good lineup to go far in my league. I just traded Bush for TO and now I have two power receivers with TO and Roy Williams and Kitna at Q. My RB's are solid and with Reed kicking, I'm tough to beat.
bengalbeliever
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby spodog » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:10 pm

You'd be ran out of our league for this.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner