National Collegiate Bass Tournament - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

National Collegiate Bass Tournament

Moderator: Football Moderators

National Collegiate Bass Tournament

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:37 pm

Well.... i just spent the week in Denton, TX fishing in the National Collegiate Bass Tournament. 83 college teams from across the country competed for 2 days and then the top 5 competed for the championship for $14,000. It was an awesome event and we had a great time. I fished for the University of Nebraska in Lincoln with a partner. We did not qualify for the final day. We finished 44th out of 83 teams. We fished on Lake Lewisville and we had never fished this lake before this week. It was tough for us but we still had a great time. It was great to meet a bunch of college kids that loved to fish as much as we did. Can't wait to go back next year!!
Results
http://www.collegiatebasschampionship.com/Results.htm
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: National Collegiate Bass Tournament

Postby knapplc » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:52 pm

There's a lot to be said for a man who's smart enough to stand in the middle of a lake and outsmart a fish. ;-7

Seriously, though - I'm glad you had fun. I hear Texas is nice this time of year. At least the KSU Wildcats thought so, anyway. :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:58 pm

Wow that sounds really cool. I've never done anything like that, can't imagine what it was like.

Cool you finished midpack, not bad at all and still plenty of room for improvement next year! ;-D B-)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:03 pm

95 degrees and humid all this week. Not the most comfortable way to spend 8 hrs a day but it was soooo worth it!
We got a bunch of free stuff, including a $100 gift card to Cabelas and a $180 lifejacket. Plus a bunch of lures, a fishing net, and other fishing stuff. It was awesome. Not to mention the fact that we were interviewed and treated like real bass pros. TV coverage will be aired on Fox college sports this winter. Pretty high class!!!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk