Crazy Saturday. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Crazy Saturday.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Crazy Saturday.

Postby moonhead » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:55 am

jayday wrote:
#3 Oklahoma, who I've been impressed with all year, shits a brick against Colorado. They didn't beat themselves either. CU outplayed them.

are you sure you watched the same game i did? we fumbled a punt in their redzone. iglesias tips 2 passes to their defense. we don't call timeout to ice the kicker. we gave up. thought the game was in the bag. and quit.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby jayday » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:31 pm

moonhead wrote:
jayday wrote:
#3 Oklahoma, who I've been impressed with all year, shits a brick against Colorado. They didn't beat themselves either. CU outplayed them.

are you sure you watched the same game i did? we fumbled a punt in their redzone. iglesias tips 2 passes to their defense. we don't call timeout to ice the kicker. we gave up. thought the game was in the bag. and quit.

Tuh-mato. Tuh-motto. That muffed punt by Reggie inside the 20 was about the only thing self inflicted IMO.

Fact is CU scored 20 unanswered points. Second half yards: OU 56, CU 219

OU Coach Bob Stoops wrote:"They outplayed us and outcoached us," Stoops said. "They fought their way to a heck of a win."
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby knapplc » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:38 pm

jayday wrote:We've now got Nebraska, who got lucky against Iowa State, and A&M atop the Big 12 standings.

You said a lot of right things in your post, but this was not one of them. Nebraska outplayed ISU in every phase of this game. This is one of those games where the results and the score don't adequately reflect the game itself. Even when ISU was up 10-0, they never appeared like contenders in the game, and it was always just a matter of time until Nebraska took the game under control. Enter a 35-7 run, and game over.

That's certainly not to say that this was a "good" win for NU. There continue to be areas of concern for this team, especially on defense, but by and large the Huskers played a far better game this week than they have the previous three weeks.

Yes, it was Iowa State, and no I'm not saying they're even a decent opponent. But on Nebraska's side of the ball, there was reason for optimism.

There is as yet no reason to rank Nebraska in the top 20. If they beat Missouri at Missouri this week they should be up there, but right now, no.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:51 pm

knapplc wrote:
jayday wrote:We've now got Nebraska, who got lucky against Iowa State, and A&M atop the Big 12 standings.

You said a lot of right things in your post, but this was not one of them. Nebraska outplayed ISU in every phase of this game. This is one of those games where the results and the score don't adequately reflect the game itself. Even when ISU was up 10-0, they never appeared like contenders in the game, and it was always just a matter of time until Nebraska took the game under control. Enter a 35-7 run, and game over.

That's certainly not to say that this was a "good" win for NU. There continue to be areas of concern for this team, especially on defense, but by and large the Huskers played a far better game this week than they have the previous three weeks.

Yes, it was Iowa State, and no I'm not saying they're even a decent opponent. But on Nebraska's side of the ball, there was reason for optimism.

There is as yet no reason to rank Nebraska in the top 20. If they beat Missouri at Missouri this week they should be up there, but right now, no.

good call, they didnt get in the top 20
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:35 am

Looking at next week's schedule, things could get even crazier.

11 of the top 25 go on the road, including some big ones. Florida @ LSU. Okla @ Texas. Ohio State @ Purdue Wisc @ Illinois (I can't believe I just said that). UGA @ Tenn. VT @ Clemson.

That's gonna be one fun weekend.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jayday » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:05 am

Knapp, that is the one game I commented on that I didn't get to watch first hand. So I'll defer to your assessment on that one. There are certainly games that tell a different story on film than what the box score showed. As you said though, it's not good when ISU rolls up 415 yards, owns a 2 to 1 time of possession advantage, and has 11 more first downs than you do.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Previous

Return to College Football