Steve Smith WTF - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Steve Smith WTF

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Steve Smith WTF

Postby Johnny Vodka » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:19 pm

carr is just this horrible. Testaverde came in with 3 days of practice and gave more looks to smith. Carr panics and dumps the ball off short, mostly to King. It's like he's getting vietnam flashbacks to his days in houston. No other QB we've had takes sacks like he does. It's him and only him that brings down the panthers offense like this. It's disgusting.

I wouldn't start smith at all as long as Carr is the QB. They might even stick in Moore, but 'm guessing not. Until testaverde comes back, the offense will continue to look like this.
Johnny Vodka
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:49 pm

Johnny Vodka wrote:carr is just this horrible. Testaverde came in with 3 days of practice and gave more looks to smith. Carr panics and dumps the ball off short, mostly to King. It's like he's getting vietnam flashbacks to his days in houston. No other QB we've had takes sacks like he does. It's him and only him that brings down the panthers offense like this. It's disgusting.

I wouldn't start smith at all as long as Carr is the QB. They might even stick in Moore, but 'm guessing not. Until testaverde comes back, the offense will continue to look like this.

Great line!! :-b :-b :-b

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Marvelous Merv » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:20 pm

I have had Chris Henry in cold storage on my bench the entire season - now with Ocho Cinco out, I will be taking a loooooong hard look at benching Smith for Henry next week. My other WRs are Santonio Holmes and Marques Colston - who have turned into "must starts" for me this season.
Marvelous Merv
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rmfc07 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:42 am

I picked up DJ Hackett off of the WW and started him in place of Steve Smith. Glad to say, I won by a margin that equals the production of Hackett.
Yup.. no Delhomme means no production from Steve Smith.
rmfc07
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Eagle Eye

Postby Marvelous Merv » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:40 pm

I think we are all worried about missing Smith's breakout game (see Marques Colston, NO-WR, Week 8).
Marvelous Merv
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby sirchadwick1 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:19 am

I have to figure out whether I play Smith or Chris Henry in week 10. I'm tired of these 2 pt games w/ Smith... but CAR has to make the adjustments to get him the ball sooner or later... probably later. I think I'm feelin Henry right now.
2010 12-team .5PPR
QB - Ryan, Vick
RB - S. Greene, Forte, Stewart, F. Jones, Sproles
WR - Moss, Megatron, NYG Smith, Floyd, M. Williams (TB)
TE - Cooley
D - CIN (week to week)
K - Bironas
sirchadwick1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sirchadwick1 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:26 am

"Panthers // David Carr sat out practice with a concussion and Vinny Testaverde was back on the field, meaning the former Ravens quarterback likely will start Sunday for Carolina. Testaverde has not played since injuring his right Achilles' tendon Oct. 28."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/foot ... 7779.story

I think I'm putting Smith in now... instead of Henry. Testaverde+a bunch of previous crappy games for Stevie+hatred for D. Hall+ playing w/ a vengeance = 20+ pts for Smith. Looks like his hip is just fine too!
2010 12-team .5PPR
QB - Ryan, Vick
RB - S. Greene, Forte, Stewart, F. Jones, Sproles
WR - Moss, Megatron, NYG Smith, Floyd, M. Williams (TB)
TE - Cooley
D - CIN (week to week)
K - Bironas
sirchadwick1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:17 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:
Johnny Vodka wrote:carr is just this horrible. Testaverde came in with 3 days of practice and gave more looks to smith. Carr panics and dumps the ball off short, mostly to King. It's like he's getting vietnam flashbacks to his days in houston. No other QB we've had takes sacks like he does. It's him and only him that brings down the panthers offense like this. It's disgusting.

Great line!! :-b :-b :-b

"No, please, no more blitzes, NO MORE BLITZES!!! AAAHHHH!!!"
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby CPB » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:44 pm

Steve Smith on my bench this week again = 6 points

Started Roy Williams in his place = 16 points

I really wish I would have traded him before. Now he's just dead wood because he's on the no cut list for my league. Hope you guys are doing well without Smith too.
CPB
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Marvelous Merv » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:20 pm

I have had Smith slotted into my flex (W/R) postion for weeks. This weekend I FINALLY replacing him with Green Bay RB Ryan Grant.
Marvelous Merv
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting