The 4th OFFICIAL Brett Favre Challenge! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The 4th OFFICIAL Brett Favre Challenge!

Moderator: Football Moderators

The 4th OFFICIAL Brett Favre Challenge!

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:32 am

EDIT: Discussion thread with a list of already taken numbers is set up in GC. Make sure to check that first to make sure you get your own number!

Bears @ Packers, Sunday night football, John Madden commentating. This can only mean one thing boys and girls- The 4th official Brett Favre Challenge will be conducted this week!

As some of you may remember from last season or seasons past I've been running this semi-popular, officially-unofficial game here at the cafe every time Brett Favre plays in a game John Madden broadcasts. It all started in a GC thread when the Packers played a couple MNF games in 2004, Madden was comparing everything in the game to Brett Favre, from defensive coaches, to those random shots of food that ABC/NBC shows after commercial breaks Madden would find a way to say Brett Favre in half the sentences he would speak. Only Madden knows how to compare other subjects he loves to talk about (Pittsburgh's "confluence" or Philly's cheesesteaks) to "Brett Favre" but somehow someway he does it regardless. He goes on about how Brett Favre has such a great feel for the grass underneath his feet, how great Brett Favre has been with the wind blowing slighty into his face during drives, how great Favre is throwing slant patterns. Either way as I've said in the past and will say again now, usually after a John Madden telecast of a Green Bay game you will be hearing his voice uttering "Brett Favre" for days to come.

For those of you new to the game the goal is simple: Post HERE your prediction of how many times John Madden says the name "Brett Favre" during the telecast this upcoming Sunday night. Keep in mind Madden needs to say "Brett Favre" not only Brett, or Favre alone. It must be a full "Brett Favre." The winner gets bragging rights and ultimate glory of having their name down in history as a past winner of the "Brett Favre Challenge!"

Feel free to keep your own count but I'll be keeping an official count throughout the game. The count starts when you first see Al and John in the pregame (about 15 minutes before the game) until the broadcast ends after the postgame. This means there are 6 segments (Pregame, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Quarters and Postgame) I'll keep a running total updated quarterly. Very simple, no hard math or anything that might confuse Madden himself...

well I take that back, maybe he would be totally lost.

Now there's also evolved over the past couple of years a drinking game associated with this little challenge as well. As outlined by Kilroy last year:

The Brett Favre Drinking Challenge

This game is formatted for beer play. If using alternate libation adjust to avoid unfortunate outcomes.

Game begins at Kickoff (or at Pre-Game if playing the "Deluxe Version").

If John Madden:

Says "Brett Favre" -- Take a Drink
Jabbers Unintelligibly for 5+ Seconds -- Take a Drink
Says "BOOM" -- Do a Shot
Says "I Love Brett Favre" -- Chase a Shot with a beer.

If John Madden, Al Michaels, or Andrea Kremer:

Calls Brett Favre a "Gunslinger" -- Take a Drink
Refers to any "Personal Tragedy" of Brett Favre's -- Take a Drink
Refers to Brett Favre as a "Hall of Famer" -- Take a Drink
Refers to Brett Favre's Super Bowl Appearances -- Take a Drink
Refers to Favre's NFL MVP Awards -- Take 3 Drinks (one for each)
Refers to this as "possibly Brett Favre's Last Game" -- Take a Drink
Refers to Mike Holmgren -- all people with moustaches take a drink (you too ladies...you know who you are)
Calls Brett Favre "the Greatest Ever" -- Take a Drink

If Brett Favre:
Throws a pass into double or triple coverage that is Intercepted -- Take a Drink
Throws a pass into double or triple coverage that is not intercepted -- Take 2 Drinks
Throws a Pass that is Intercepted and returned for a Touchdown -- Do a Shot
Leaps into a teammate's arms -- Take a Drink
Picks up a Teammate -- Take a Drink
Kisses a Teammate -- Do a Shot
Kisses John Madden -- Finish the Bottle

Rules of the drinking game aspect can be changed or updated at anyone's digression those were just the rules of last season. Keep in mind last year the game was on New Years eve. Some of us may have off Columbus day so the timing of this might in fact work out in our favor again... ;-) :-b

Get those predictions coming in! ;-D

And of course to get an idea of what this looked like last season:

2006 BFC Prediction thread
2006 BFC GC thread
Last edited by SniperShot on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The 4th OFFICIAL Brett Favre Challenge!

Postby Retet » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:39 am

I'm new to this game, so I'm not sure what the standard range has been in the past. Is is possible for someone to post the all time high and all time low number of "Bret Farve" mentions, so noobs like myself can get a feel for the game?
Last edited by Retet on Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby knapplc » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:42 am

My prediction = 37 times.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:49 am

Retet wrote:I'm new to this game, so I'm not sure what the standard range has been in the past. Is is possible for someone to post the all time high and all time low number of "Bret Farve" mentions, so noobs like myself can get a feel for the game?
In 2005 Madden was near 50 but I didn't get the exact number. Last year I think the winning number was 33. But that was rather low because there were so many times Al Michaels would lead into a discussion on Favre and Madden wouldn't say his name, just start talking about him. Hopefully that doesn't happen as much this Sunday.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Retet » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:56 am

SniperShot wrote:
Retet wrote:I'm new to this game, so I'm not sure what the standard range has been in the past. Is is possible for someone to post the all time high and all time low number of "Bret Farve" mentions, so noobs like myself can get a feel for the game?
In 2005 Madden was near 50 but I didn't get the exact number. Last year I think the winning number was 33. But that was rather low because there were so many times Al Michaels would lead into a discussion on Favre and Madden wouldn't say his name, just start talking about him. Hopefully that doesn't happen as much this Sunday.

Thanks for the help -- since there is no active "retirement" talk, I'm thinking that the number will be somewhat lower than near 50 number. I'll say 23 times.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:04 am

My prediction: 31

Madden is too lazy to say the full Brett Favre. Yet the record breaking performance will greatly enhance that talk.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:12 am

In a very special Madden Night Football John will pay homage to his favorite fantasy man, by uttering BrettFavre, Favre, Brett, or my love exactly 44 times.
Al Michaels will once again show his total professionalism by not once throwing up....on camera.
The real mystery question is which will take more time: Playing the game or cleaning up the booth afterwards?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby bklik » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:21 am

I'll take 42.
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:32 am

i'm gonna one-up moochman and say 45

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:24 pm

I'm going with 52. I'm thinking that since the Bears offense is so bad right now, Madden is going to have more time to gush about Favre.

Anyways, with Favre looking like he's having more fun now than he has the past few years, Madden is going to go nuts. We're gonna be in for a long night.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk