The 4th OFFICIAL Brett Favre Challenge! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The 4th OFFICIAL Brett Favre Challenge!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The 4th OFFICIAL Brett Favre Challenge!

Postby eagles21 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:46 pm

54 ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mariners100 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:38 pm

I'll go with 22... :~( I hate the John Madden love fest
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SniperShot » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:15 pm

Ah I love to hate it. I'm gonna close down submissions at 7:45 so I can get a finalized list before pregame starts.

About a half hour to go! How awesome. B-) Hope I don't have any midgame distractions or problems or the count might get messed up... You know when you really listen to every word John Madden says you feel like your mind is going to explode trying to understand what 75% of it means. :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Felix the Cat » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:56 pm

AAARRRRGGHHHH.

A friend and I watched the game and played a drinking game - take a drink every time Madden says "Brett Favre". We were also trying to keep count of how many times he popped the name.

We lost count before the first quarter was done. We ran out of beer around the middle of the third quarter...

I'm looking forward to the official count on this one.
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby chipper » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:06 am

After Brett Farve.....John Madden's new favorite name to say will be Tony Romo.

It just works for him. You can tell, he gets all proud when saying it.
Freakin bumbler. :-D
chipper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:27 pm

There's actually a possible controversy here.

Aroung 14:13 in the 4th quarter, one of the Brett Favres came out "Brett Fart" which he quickly corrected. We need a recount. :)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:07 pm

FatFoot wrote:There's actually a possible controversy here.

Aroung 14:13 in the 4th quarter, one of the Brett Favres came out "Brett Fart" which he quickly corrected. We need a recount. :)
HAhaha holy cow was it really Brett Fart??? Zomg we need audio evidence. I remember it but I thought it was just back to back Brett Favre's...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:25 pm

Okay... I still have the game on DVR, so I will verify this evening. :)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby FatFoot » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:12 am

Absolutely confirmed. 13:16 in the 4th quarter. Right after Brett has a pass knocked down at the line. It's clearly "Brett Fart, I mean Brett Favre."
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby SniperShot » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:18 pm

As Brett Favre retires I figure this thread deserves one final bump. It's only fitting that I voice my final feelings of Brett's retirement at the site of the final "BFC."

The days of the BFC have come to an end- as we all knew they would sometime, I was just hoping it wouldn't be this time. I've come to really enjoy heading these "challenges" over the years. Something about counting and laughing hysterically over John Maddens dozens of "Brett Favre's" (And sometimes "Brett Fart's") just never got old. From 2 Monday Night football appearances when Madden was a MNF announcer, to 2 Sunday night appearances on NBC we had 4 BFC's right here at the cafe.

A couple of the early ones were pretty simplistic, it really started out as a bunch of us gathered in another GC thread laughing like mad anytime Madden just said Brett Favre 4 times in the same breath. From there it began to evolve to a "How many times is it possible Madden could use his name during a telecast?" And eventually the final stages of the game we incorporated an official/unofficial drinking game.

Alas the days have now come to an end. Football won't be the same in week 1 without ole' #4 lining up under center for the Green Bay Packers. And sometime midseason, when the Packers play a game on Sunday Night Football, I'll be watching, and wishing Brett was there for old times sake. But as Brett says today, all good things must come to an end. And his football playing days sure were good days.

Take care Brett I hope your days away from football are great!

;-D

Signed Rob G. Aka SniperShot

P.S. This all being said- it has been noted in the past that Madden may have a new crush, a certain, Tony Romo. Only time will tell but there are definite possibilities that we might not be quite done with "Madden Challenges". . . Stay tuned.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk