The 4th OFFICIAL Brett Favre Challenge! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The 4th OFFICIAL Brett Favre Challenge!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The 4th OFFICIAL Brett Favre Challenge!

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:06 pm

If the Packers start the season on SNF, we can still get one more Brett Favre challenge in because the only story will be how the Packers will survive without Favre.

But barring that, this is definitely over. :-t
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:25 pm

SniperShot wrote:As Brett Favre retires I figure this thread deserves one final bump. It's only fitting that I voice my final feelings of Brett's retirement at the site of the final "BFC."

The days of the BFC have come to an end- as we all knew they would sometime, I was just hoping it wouldn't be this time. I've come to really enjoy heading these "challenges" over the years. Something about counting and laughing hysterically over John Maddens dozens of "Brett Favre's" (And sometimes "Brett Fart's") just never got old. From 2 Monday Night football appearances when Madden was a MNF announcer, to 2 Sunday night appearances on NBC we had 4 BFC's right here at the cafe.

A couple of the early ones were pretty simplistic, it really started out as a bunch of us gathered in another GC thread laughing like mad anytime Madden just said Brett Favre 4 times in the same breath. From there it began to evolve to a "How many times is it possible Madden could use his name during a telecast?" And eventually the final stages of the game we incorporated an official/unofficial drinking game.

Alas the days have now come to an end. Football won't be the same in week 1 without ole' #4 lining up under center for the Green Bay Packers. And sometime midseason, when the Packers play a game on Sunday Night Football, I'll be watching, and wishing Brett was there for old times sake. But as Brett says today, all good things must come to an end. And his football playing days sure were good days.

Take care Brett I hope your days away from football are great!

;-D

Signed Rob G. Aka SniperShot

P.S. This all being said- it has been noted in the past that Madden may have a new crush, a certain, Tony Romo. Only time will tell but there are definite possibilities that we might not be quite done with "Madden Challenges". . . Stay tuned.

*sheds tear*

Well said. Definitely keep this going with Romo. ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:52 am

You think the Brett Favre mentions will go down??? I'd say this game has one more season left in it...
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:You think the Brett Favre mentions will go down??? I'd say this game has one more season left in it...

I say, like SF said, if GB plays Sunday Night, especially at Lambeau and/or early in season, Madden will definitely continue his Favre crush.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:55 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:You think the Brett Favre mentions will go down??? I'd say this game has one more season left in it...

I say, like SF said, if GB plays Sunday Night, especially at Lambeau and/or early in season, Madden will definitely continue his Favre crush.

The football game will last 3 1/2 hours while Madden's pre-game tribute to Favre will last nearly twice that.
And imagnie during the game. "Brett Favre would have thrown that pass, handed the ball off, stayed in the pocket like...blah blah blah"

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby SniperShot » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:03 pm

Very interesting points guys... Something to keep an eye on for sure! ON another note, that sig is the absolute best mooch.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby moochman » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:39 pm

SniperShot wrote:Very interesting points guys... Something to keep an eye on for sure! ON another note, that sig is the absolute best mooch.

Thanks. I have to update it since they flushed Martz.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby thebigsmooth » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:31 pm

Mooch,

Your sig pretty much sums it up. *sigh* I think I need to find another team.

Anxiously waiting to see which WR they pick in the 1st round this year.
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:53 pm

moochman wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:

The football game will last 3 1/2 hours while Madden's pre-game tribute to Favre will last nearly twice that.
And imagnie during the game. "Brett Favre would have thrown that pass, handed the ball off, stayed in the pocket like...blah blah blah"

Haha, so true. Which will we see more of during that game, the actual game or Favre highlights?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk