Time to start Clemens - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Jets

Time to start Clemens

Moderator: Football Moderators

Time to start Clemens

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:37 pm

I'm a big Pennington fan and love his leadership and the effort he gives every game but I think it's time to start Clemens.

He can't throw the ball down the field anymore and he has no velocity of any passes outside the numbers. His ability to not throw the ball downfield keeps defense up on the line and able to jump all these short routes. Coles and Cotchery are always waiting for the ball o get to them and one of them is going to get kiled eventually by a defender.

Also D'Brick is not lloking good this year at all and you have to be concerned next week based on what Usi did last night to McNabb.

Defensively we are horrible. We can't stop the run. We get no pass rush at all.

You have to be concerned if your a Jets fan.

What do you guys think???
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Time to start Clemens

Postby gang green51 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:13 pm

killiansjmd wrote:You have to be concerned if your a Jets fan.

Very concerned Kill ! We all know Penny has alot of heart, but enough is enough. It's time to signal to the bullpen, and get the kid warming up. Every defense knows how to play Chad, and they do not respect his arm, which also kills our running game.
It's time for a change.Too many things need fixing, but this is a start.

Go Jets
gang green51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:50 pm

I really think that Clemens should have been the starter before week 1. I am a huge fan of Clemens as well (so that first sentence might be a bit bias lol). With Clemens having the ability to air it out, they won't be able to stack the line all the time or jump the routes like they can do when Pennington is at the helm because they would have to respect the deep ball with Clemens which would open up Thomas Jones to do what he did in Chicago.

I'm not going to lie, this is the one game I really want the Jets to win all year. I couldn't care if we won two more games (hoping against the Giants and Patriots) and finish 3-13 and get a great draft pick, who knows. I can also see the Jets being 5-4 though going into there bye week. Yet again, I am very optimistic so who knows lol.

Lets go Jets!!!
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby killiansjmd » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:37 am

The Giants manhandled us in the preseason game. Outside of the first play of the game when Chad hit Leon for the big TD, we did nothing. Jets O-line couldn't protect Chad at all against the Giants D-line. Plus Jacobs ran wild on us from what I remember. Could be a long day! :-o
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gang green51 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:35 pm

Chad is done. Mangini do the right thing, and start the kid. Now's the time.
gang green51
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:12 pm

I agree, but Penny isn't the only problem. The playcalling on O & D has been a joke (my biggest concern). We can't get a running game going which is a shock with TJ here this year. The D puts absolutely no pressure on anyone and they seem to have blitzes off their gameplan. It's going to be a long year and I don't think they bring back Penny next year because of his contract so why not start Clemens and see what he's got? :-? :,-( :~(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:34 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I agree, but Penny isn't the only problem. The playcalling on O & D has been a joke (my biggest concern). We can't get a running game going which is a shock with TJ here this year. The D puts absolutely no pressure on anyone and they seem to have blitzes off their gameplan. It's going to be a long year and I don't think they bring back Penny next year because of his contract so why not start Clemens and see what he's got? :-? :,-( :~(

Agreed. I have been hating on the the play calling this whole entire season except for the reverse to Cotchery this past week. But then, 2nd, 3rd and 4th and 1 on the 4 yard line?!? What are they doing?!? Jones just ran 9 yards on 1st down. Let him get the ball again even though he was stuffed up the middle on 2nd and 1. Then on 3rd down, a QB sneak? C'mon, let's get realistic here, don't you think if a QB sneak was that easy on the goal-line every team would be doing it inside the 5 - 10 yard line? I can understand it at the 30, maybe even the 25, but on the 4?!? Please, give me a break. Then to throw a fade on 4th and 1. I wasn't that mad about that as I was on the QB sneak, but seriously, you know how many things have to go right on a fade to make it work? Chad has to make a good throw, the receiver has to run his route correctly, and finally the defender can't be like white on rice. It looks like Hackett is calling the plays from were ever he is. Clemens has to get the nod... The guy is the future in NY, let him play and throw the season to waste now.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Return to New York Jets