2008 LSU Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008 LSU Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2007 LSU Thread

Postby mikus » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:36 am

lsufan wrote:At this point in the season I would like to see what Perrilloux can do. Stats don't lie. I don't wish ill will on Flynn but its been a while since I can say wow that was a great pass. Watching J. Russell throwing the deep pass with accuracy has left me wanting more. I know what LSU's offense can do and want them to play to their potential.

Flynn did throw two great deep balls to Terrance Tolliver during the game. Tolliver felt the need to push off on the one he caught, and dropped the second one.

He also threw a great touch pass to the back of the endzone to Zinger, who, you guessed it, dropped the ball. That play was the difference in the game, b/c if he catches it LSU takes a 31 - 13 lead and the game is over.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby lsufan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:52 pm

Perrilloux keeps trying to get himself kicked off the team. I'm starting to worry about next year. I don't know if we can rely on him. Here is a link to his latest shenanigans:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/f ... index.html
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:59 pm

It is interesting (or not) to see the gluttony of conflicting accounts regarding the incident. The Advocate posted a nice little summary of the different stories here:

Linkage

I am not sure who or what to believe at this point. No one has been arrested or charged with anything. I want to give Perrilloux the benefit of the doubt, but that really is hard to do given his history.
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby lsufan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:56 pm

More great play from M. Flynn. LSU can not stand leading in the first half for some reason. :-t
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby lsufan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:54 pm

Did anybody see the so called simulated snap penalty. If nobody on the offensive line was set they are allowed to shift. They shift and a player goes offsides but we get penalized. :-?
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:18 pm

lsufan wrote:Did anybody see the so called simulated snap penalty. If nobody on the offensive line was set they are allowed to shift. They shift and a player goes offsides but we get penalized. :-?

Yeah, that was totally bogus. A real back-breaker because it should have been a 1st down for LSU but instead they called a penalty on them so they had to punt, and Bama housed the punt return.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mikus » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:45 pm

Penalties, turnovers and on the road ... still LSU refuses to lose. Not sure how much longer the Tigers can keep this up, but they sure are making it an exciting season. They should not best tested the rest of the regular season (LA Tech at home, Ole Miss on the road, Arkansas at home), but I guess you never know in college football these days.
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:53 pm

Don't sleep on Arkansas. They're better than that Alabama team that just took LSU down to the wire, although LSU does get that game at home.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mikus » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:05 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Don't sleep on Arkansas. They're better than that Alabama team that just took LSU down to the wire, although LSU does get that game at home.

I am not sleeping on Arkansas, I know how good they are ... but the reason I did give them maybe a little less credit than they deserve is b/c the game is at LSU.
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:02 am

mikus wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Don't sleep on Arkansas. They're better than that Alabama team that just took LSU down to the wire, although LSU does get that game at home.

I am not sleeping on Arkansas, I know how good they are ... but the reason I did give them maybe a little less credit than they deserve is b/c the game is at LSU.

LSU has the best front 7 in nation. Arkansas has thrown for under 1500 yards all season. They won't be able to only run on LSU, unless Dick steps it up against LSU, Arkansas doesnt have a chance.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to College Football