2008 LSU Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008 LSU Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2007 LSU Thread

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:43 pm

LSU has been run on quite a bit this year.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:27 am

Free Bagel wrote:LSU has been run on quite a bit this year.

opponent - rush att - rush yards
alabama 33/20
auburn 35/97
kentucky 41/125
florida 32/156
tulane 33/88
south carolina 27/17
middle tenn 37/9
VT 28/71
miss st 26/10

total ypg 65.8
average ypc 2.08

I know that sacks are taken into account for this so it's a bit skewed but that's still pretty good. When only two teams all year have rushed for over 100 yards as a team on you I think you're doing pretty well.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:49 pm

What do LSU fans think about the possible departures of Miles to Michigan and Pelini to Nebraska?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:06 pm

CC wrote:What do LSU fans think about the possible departures of Miles to Michigan and Pelini to Nebraska?

Not an LSU fan, but I think that Pelini leaves for that NU job at the end of the season.

CC - you think that Carr will be gone even if he wins out beating OSU and winning a bowl game?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:08 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
CC wrote:What do LSU fans think about the possible departures of Miles to Michigan and Pelini to Nebraska?

Not an LSU fan, but I think that Pelini leaves for that NU job at the end of the season.

CC - you think that Carr will be gone even if he wins out beating OSU and winning a bowl game?

....to God's ears. :-b
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:10 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

....to God's ears. :-b

;-)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:21 pm

The rumors of Miles-to-Michigan have died down around here. Personally, I would hate to see Miles go b/c I think he has done a great job in a tough conference and is under-rated as a coach.

As for Pelini, it is only a matter of time until the lure of being a head coach snags him. It seems to me that time is now. I would hate to see him go, too, but that is the nature of this business. As long as he stays away from the SEC, I think most LSU fans would be happy to see him as a head coach somewhere.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby lsufan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:41 pm

It doesn't look real good for the ducks. If they win out they will beat some subpar teams down the stretch. There is no conference championship in there division. If Kansas beats Missouri and Oklahoma they will overtake the ducks down the stretch. Same goes for Missouri. I don't know about OU. If Kansas beats Missouri and OU that will likely bump them up over the ducks being that they are undefeated and beat the BCS #5 and #4.

BCS Rankings:

3. Kansas
4. Oklahoma
5. Missouri

LSU will have to beat the Rebels, Razorbacks and then the Vols or Bulldogs in the SEC championship. They have a decent strength of schedule down the stretch.

I predict LSU vs Big 12 in the championship game if LSU wins out.

I still hope to not see the Gators in the SEC championship. I would rather play the Vols or Bulldogs.
Last edited by lsufan on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:13 am

lsufan wrote:It doesn't look real good for the ducks. If they win out they will beat some subpar teams down the stretch. There is no conference championship in there division. If Kansas beats Missouri and Oklahoma they will overtake the ducks down the stretch. Same goes for Missouri. I don't know about OU. If Kansas beats Missouri and OU that will likely bump them up over the ducks being that they are undefeated and beat the BCS #5 and #4.

BCS Rankings:
3. Kansas
4. Oklahoma
5. Missouri

Is this just your opinion or can you cite a source with reasoning for your predictions of impact on the BCS standings depending on what happens in the Big 12?

EDIT: This came off like I'm being a dick, but it's an honest question.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:38 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:
lsufan wrote:It doesn't look real good for the ducks. If they win out they will beat some subpar teams down the stretch. There is no conference championship in there division. If Kansas beats Missouri and Oklahoma they will overtake the ducks down the stretch. Same goes for Missouri. I don't know about OU. If Kansas beats Missouri and OU that will likely bump them up over the ducks being that they are undefeated and beat the BCS #5 and #4.

BCS Rankings:
3. Kansas
4. Oklahoma
5. Missouri

Is this just your opinion or can you cite a source with reasoning for your predictions of impact on the BCS standings depending on what happens in the Big 12?

EDIT: This came off like I'm being a dick, but it's an honest question.

I think if it is Kansas they will jump Oregon because of the .03 difference between Kansas and Oregon. If KU were to win out and that is a BIG if than they would most likely be put number 2 by the voters in both polls as being undefeated and just beating OK and Missouri, plus the computers would have them higher.

I think if KU were to lose to Mizzo and than Mizzo where to play OK in final the Ducks stay where they are.

The duck don't play and good teams from now on.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football