2008 LSU Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008 LSU Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2007 LSU Thread

Postby lsufan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:27 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
lsufan wrote:It doesn't look real good for the ducks. If they win out they will beat some subpar teams down the stretch. There is no conference championship in there division. If Kansas beats Missouri and Oklahoma they will overtake the ducks down the stretch. Same goes for Missouri. I don't know about OU. If Kansas beats Missouri and OU that will likely bump them up over the ducks being that they are undefeated and beat the BCS #5 and #4.

BCS Rankings:
3. Kansas
4. Oklahoma
5. Missouri

Is this just your opinion or can you cite a source with reasoning for your predictions of impact on the BCS standings depending on what happens in the Big 12?

EDIT: This came off like I'm being a dick, but it's an honest question.

Its just my opinion. After I reread what I wrote it does seem like I am stating my predictions as facts. Sorry for the confusion.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:29 pm

We'll see what happens in OT, but I'm really getting tired of the supposed best team in the country surviving by the skin of their teeth every week.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dolfin99 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:07 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:We'll see what happens in OT, but I'm really getting tired of the supposed best team in the country surviving by the skin of their teeth every week.

I agree 100%. I am glad they finally lost. ;-D
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)

Postby HskrPwr13 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:22 pm

Do you all think Miles knows how to pronounce "Arkansas" now? :-b
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby lsufan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:30 pm

I think the game speaks for its self. I kept saying to myself that our defense should be good enough to stop the Razorbacks and it never happened. I felt like the game came down to who was going to make a stop and LSU could never make a stop. LSU could hardly stop the rebels last week much less the 1st pick in next years draft. The team looked beat down in every aspect. The Razorbacks could rush 3 defensive players and get more pass rush then our whole team on a blitz. The Razorbacks out muscled a overrated team that played down to the level of its competition every week. Alabama lost to UL Monroe and it took every second of the game for LSU to win. I have been preaching how bad Flynn has played all season and this game is just another example. The whole first half he looked horrible against a team that could not stop anybody prior to this game. He consistently threw passes that could not be caught. I feel bad for players like J. Hester and C. Steltz who left their hearts on the field each week while Flynn and Lafell looked like they didn't even belong on the field. These close games have been tough to watch. Its painful watching a team with so much potential struggle against teams that should be easy wins. I put the bag on earlier in the season when LSU lost to Kentucky. I almost erased the file for the bag head but didn't do it. I felt in my heart we would lose another game and it happened. I don't care if we win the SEC championship game now. I'll wear the bag until the seasons over. :-t
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:27 pm

LSU doesn't win the NC, Miles doesn't get the guaranteed top 3 salary - Les starts packing his bags for Michigan???
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby lsufan » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:10 pm

LSU to the Sugar Bowl is respectable. Maybe Hawaii will lose so we will have a more interesting matchup. Does anybody know who would take Hawaii's spot if they lose to Washington?
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mikus » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:17 pm

Maybe Missouri if they lose to Oklahoma?
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby lsufan » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:07 pm

So it looks like Missouri is going to lose. WVU has already lost. LSU won the SEC championship and lost two games in triple overtime. Virginia Tech won the ACC but lost to LSU by 41 pts. Kansas has one lose but didn't win the Big 12. Georgia has 2 loses and didn't win the SEC.

OSU and LSU in the Championship Game :-o

A lot of wishful thinking. These games tonight have kept hope alive at least.
Last edited by lsufan on Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:11 pm

It could definitely happen, the voters definitely like LSU this year.

I think Georgia is a better team than LSU right now, but there are enough people that will spew off that "how can they play for the national championship if they didn't even win their conference" stuff to keep them out, which is fine by me (screw you Georgia).

As long as it isn't Kansas or Hawaii, I don't care.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to College Football