Anything fishy about this trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Anything fishy about this trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anything fishy about this trade?

Postby JayBee » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:26 am

Shaun McDonald and Marion Barber III for Housh and B. Jacobs. It is a 12 team standard Y! league. The guy giving up MBIII and McDonald is currently in 7th, and the guy giving up Housh and Jacobs is in 5th. Here are their respective rosters:

QB Matt Schaub
WR Plaxico Burress
WR Shaun McDonald
WR Ronald Curry
RB Marion Barber III
RB Edgerrin James
TE Jason Witten
BN Frank Gore
BN Calvin Johnson
BN Roddy White
BN Drew Brees
BN Greg Olsen
BN: Patrick Crayton
K Jeff Reed
DEF Minnesota

QB Donovan McNabb
WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh
WR Roy Williams
WR Joey Galloway
RB Rudi Johnson
RB Brandon Jacobs
TE Chris Cooley
BN Brett Favre
BN Jerious Norwood
BN D.J. Hackett
BN Brandon Jones
BN Randy McMichael
K Nate Kaeding
DEB Philadelphia
BN Oakland

After looking deeper, I guess the guy giving up Housh and Jacobs felt like his WRs were solid enough to withstand the loss of Housh and had some questions about Jacobs' situation with the way Ward has been playing. His RBs produced a whopping 4.5 points total last week, so I guess he felt like he needed to make a move.

The thing that really gives me pause is that these guys are roommates. Any reason for legit concern here?
JayBee
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anything fishy about this trade?

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:20 am

Unless you have reason to believe there is something going on between the two owners, I don't see any reason to veto this trade. It is not so lopsided that it screams collusion given the fact that the two are roommates.

It could be a matter of matchups for these guys. Weeks 5, 12, and 14 should be significantly better for the Barber/McDonald duo while weeks 8, 11, and 16 should be significantly better for the Housh/Jacobs duo

Talk to both owners and ask them to give their reasoning for entering into the trade if you have a concern.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby palacebrawlII » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:18 am

I like the Housh side of things but you can't veto, Barber has been a TD machine in an offense that moves the ball so he is an upgrade over Jacobs at this point. One team got better at WR and one at RB.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=357090
palacebrawlII
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Goody » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:34 pm

Nothing fishy at all. Are you suspecting cheating or asking because you are worried the trade is uneven?
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JayBee » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:22 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I am going to be honest, my team is the team that got Housh/Jacobs in this deal and I posted this thread so that I would have the objective viewpoints of experienced players backing me up when other teams protested it. Sorry for "using" you guys but this was really helpful for me. For the record, we are roommates but there was definitely no collusion.

Thanks again.
JayBee
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby dgan » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:32 pm

LOL...nicely done.

As you obviously know, roommates, family members, etc. have more opportunity to discuss things in detail and are therefore more likely to make trades. It is just the way of things. So collusion should never be suspected on that point alone.

And on a trade as closely matched as this, no one should be questioning this at all.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Commissioner's Corner