ESPN's polls - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

ESPN's polls

Moderator: Football Moderators

ESPN's polls

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:43 pm

When is the last time that one of these has been objective? The one right now is "Should there be instant replay in baseball?" right after an umpire blew a call to decide which team got into the playoffs. The previous one was "Which team will win MNF?" when there was a thing at the top of the page that talked about how good the Patriots are.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: ESPN's polls

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:57 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:When is the last time that one of these has been objective? The one right now is "Should there be instant replay in baseball?" right after an umpire blew a call to decide which team got into the playoffs. The previous one was "Which team will win MNF?" when there was a thing at the top of the page that talked about how good the Patriots are.


I dont even pay attention anymore. Thats when I go to ESPN, which is very rare
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: ESPN's polls

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:47 pm

ESPN has a website?? 8-o :-b

I don't visit ESPN.com because I don't want to waste my money on their crap. I know they have things for free, but I hate trying to figure out which ones those are. Way too much Flash and other stuff on there too.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5971
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: ESPN's polls

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:11 pm

Does it still take 10 minutes to download their front page?
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Re: ESPN's polls

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:21 pm

ESPN is a lot of things, but one of them isn't objective.

I find it funny that after week one or two, they had an article telling people not to overreact to what had happened so far in the NFL.

Now, they are debating the chances of one of the Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, or Packers going undefeated, when there are still 12 games left in the season.

Who's overreacting more?
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: ESPN's polls

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:51 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:ESPN is a lot of things, but one of them isn't objective.

I find it funny that after week one or two, they had an article telling people not to overreact to what had happened so far in the NFL.

Now, they are debating the chances of one of the Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, or Packers going undefeated, when there are still 12 games left in the season.

Who's overreacting more?


To be fair, the Patriots are going to be undefeated...
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: ESPN's polls

Postby SJNez46 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:58 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:ESPN is a lot of things, but one of them isn't objective.

I find it funny that after week one or two, they had an article telling people not to overreact to what had happened so far in the NFL.

Now, they are debating the chances of one of the Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, or Packers going undefeated, when there are still 12 games left in the season.

Who's overreacting more?


To be fair, the Patriots are going to be undefeated...

yup, or very close to it. :-D :-° :-]
Image
^soty
SJNez46
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 898
Joined: 26 May 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Duck Nation

Re: ESPN's polls

Postby SniperShot » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:26 pm

Nah the Pats will lose at least one somewhere somehow.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Re: ESPN's polls

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:57 pm

beanoX3 wrote:ESPN has a website?? 8-o :-b

I don't visit ESPN.com because I don't want to waste my money on their crap. I know they have things for free, but I hate trying to figure out which ones those are. Way too much Flash and other stuff on there too.


Exactly!! I hate ESPN anyway, and that gives me even more reason not to go to their website.
Image

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4461
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Clinching Playoff Spots

Re: ESPN's polls

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:20 pm

SniperShot wrote:Nah the Pats will lose at least one somewhere somehow.


This week :-D :-B
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8041
Joined: 6 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: C-Town, OH - Dawg Bone Country

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:26 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact