Are You Against "Co-Drivers?" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Are You Against "Co-Drivers?"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Are You Against "Co-Drivers?"

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:38 pm

beanoX3 wrote:I've never seen anyone drive with a kid on their lap personally, but I have seen people with dogs on their lap. Usually its a small dog, but one time I saw some dude in a pickup with a full grown German shepard in his lap.

As for cell phone drivers, Chicago banned that but I still see people doing it all the time. When these bans were first popping up, I didn't like them since I thought I was fine driving and talking. Then I had a near accident and realized my concentration wavered depending on the type of conversation I was having. So now I try not to talk and drive, or at least keep it short.

My biggest driving peeve right now is people driving with blown brake lights.

Yeah ya know what else? People downshifting to slow down with out touching their brake...that sucks. Oh and people that drive with 2 feet in an automatic. You never really know if they're accelerating or slowing down. :-S :-t
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sox 06 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:41 pm

In Maine, its only against the law for people age 18 and under to drive while talking on the phone. That means that I can't talk while driving but even if I could, I would try not to because it distracts me way too much (I've done it once or twice).
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tiki » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:06 pm

I don't drive too much anymore...But, when I did earlier this year I could drive and talk on the phone amongst other things. But, I do think texting while driving is stupid, also picking a song on a Ipod is quite challenging as well. And as for a child/pet that's pretty stupid unless the pet is small and just chillin'. ;-D
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:28 pm

Tiki wrote:also picking a song on a Ipod is quite challenging as well.

Choosing a song on an iPod is something that I hate donig. Back when the CD player in my car broke, my sister wanted to just get an iPod adapter for our car instead of spending the money for a new CD player. I flat out refused to do that because I didn't want to have to look down at my iPod whenever I wanted to listen to a different song.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tiki » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:34 pm

sox 06 wrote:
Tiki wrote:also picking a song on a Ipod is quite challenging as well.

Choosing a song on an iPod is something that I hate donig. Back when the CD player in my car broke, my sister wanted to just get an iPod adapter for our car instead of spending the money for a new CD player. I flat out refused to do that because I didn't want to have to look down at my iPod whenever I wanted to listen to a different song.

I mean you can makes playlists, or put it on shuffle, or pick a CD before you start driving. ;-D B-)
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Are You Against

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:15 am

Drunk drivers are what make me the most angry. Didn't see too many of them before, but now I drive 15 miles to work 5 days a week at 3 AM. Going to work Saturday night/Sunday morning and Sunday night/Monday morning are the worst. And ok, maybe they aren't drunk all the time but are just insanely sleepy, but either way, get off the road cause you shouldn't be taking up two lanes on the interstate.

The other day on my way to work I had a guy tailgating me so I slowed down and he passed by flooring it. he got about 100 yards ahead of me when he slowed way down and cut me off. So I moved over two lanes and started to pass him, but he was pacing me and kept on switching lanes. That freaked me out cause I didn't know what the heck he was about to do. Eventually I just started going about 50 instead of 65 and he got bored and took off. That sort of thing is what makes me the most angry.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:44 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Drunk drivers are what make me the most angry. Didn't see too many of them before, but now I drive 15 miles to work 5 days a week at 3 AM. Going to work Saturday night/Sunday morning and Sunday night/Monday morning are the worst. And ok, maybe they aren't drunk all the time but are just insanely sleepy, but either way, get off the road cause you shouldn't be taking up two lanes on the interstate.

The other day on my way to work I had a guy tailgating me so I slowed down and he passed by flooring it. he got about 100 yards ahead of me when he slowed way down and cut me off. So I moved over two lanes and started to pass him, but he was pacing me and kept on switching lanes. That freaked me out cause I didn't know what the heck he was about to do. Eventually I just started going about 50 instead of 65 and he got bored and took off. That sort of thing is what makes me the most angry.

Wow, Joel, that would really piss me off. Don't get me started on drunk driving. I will go off in PMs... but I will leave it at that.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:50 am

2nd scariest thing ever to happen to me while driving was someone coming out from a bar early AM while I was going 65 and I almost T-Boned them when I had to slam on the brakes. I missed him by maybe a foot. Some people.

Whenever I have to talk on the phone in the car I just put it in my left hand on speaker phone, it's a lot easier than sticking it on my ear since I can still use that hand to steer if needed. But I'll never resort to a Bluetooth, please sir you're in public and not on the phone, you don't need that thing in your ear.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:52 am

treat24 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Drunk drivers are what make me the most angry. Didn't see too many of them before, but now I drive 15 miles to work 5 days a week at 3 AM. Going to work Saturday night/Sunday morning and Sunday night/Monday morning are the worst. And ok, maybe they aren't drunk all the time but are just insanely sleepy, but either way, get off the road cause you shouldn't be taking up two lanes on the interstate.

Wow, Joel, that would really piss me off. Don't get me started on drunk driving. I will go off in PMs... but I will leave it at that.

Yeah, I need to get the police department phone number in my phone probably so that I could call in license plate numbers when that happens. !+)

Oh and the animal control cause the other day there was a stray dog running around on the interstate on my way to work. :-/
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:56 am

WickedSmaat wrote:2nd scariest thing ever to happen to me while driving was someone coming out from a bar early AM while I was going 65 and I almost T-Boned them when I had to slam on the brakes. I missed him by maybe a foot. Some people.

Whenever I have to talk on the phone in the car I just put it in my left hand on speaker phone, it's a lot easier than sticking it on my ear since I can still use that hand to steer if needed. But I'll never resort to a Bluetooth, please sir you're in public and not on the phone, you don't need that thing in your ear.

I work in an airport, so see plenty of people using BlueTooth. I agree that it bugs me when people are walking around on them, but I understand the business travelers who have to be on the phone.

And why wouldn't you use one in the car? Just take it off when you are done driving. Although I am not convinced that the bigger problem isn't the mental distraction and not the fact that there is only one hand available. I mean, I rarely if ever put two hands on the steering wheel. And those with manuals even less often I am sure. So I think its the fact that you are talking on the phone that is the bigger distraction than the act of using the phone.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk