Are You Against "Co-Drivers?" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Are You Against "Co-Drivers?"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Are You Against

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:41 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:2nd scariest thing ever to happen to me while driving was someone coming out from a bar early AM while I was going 65 and I almost T-Boned them when I had to slam on the brakes. I missed him by maybe a foot. Some people.

Whenever I have to talk on the phone in the car I just put it in my left hand on speaker phone, it's a lot easier than sticking it on my ear since I can still use that hand to steer if needed. But I'll never resort to a Bluetooth, please sir you're in public and not on the phone, you don't need that thing in your ear.

I work in an airport, so see plenty of people using BlueTooth. I agree that it bugs me when people are walking around on them, but I understand the business travelers who have to be on the phone.

And why wouldn't you use one in the car? Just take it off when you are done driving. Although I am not convinced that the bigger problem isn't the mental distraction and not the fact that there is only one hand available. I mean, I rarely if ever put two hands on the steering wheel. And those with manuals even less often I am sure. So I think its the fact that you are talking on the phone that is the bigger distraction than the act of using the phone.

Yeah thats what I was struggling with. Whether it's actually less dangerous to use hands free phones while driving and this is what I've come up with. Think about it like this...its really kinda like talking to someone sitting next to you or in the back seat. I mean you're just talking, you talk to people when they're in the car with you right? Heck I bet you even take your eyes of the road occasionally to look at the person you're driving with. Can it really be less distracting that having a conversation with someone sitting right next to you? I dunno for sure as I don't own a blue tooth or have ever used one but I think it has to be safer than a hand held. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Are You Against

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:33 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Oh and the animal control cause the other day there was a stray dog running around on the interstate on my way to work. :-/

Last time I saw a dog on the interstate, I hit it at 70 mph. Stupid dog somehow crossed 5 lanes, train tracks, and two 4 ft high concrete barriers. I've also had a near miss on a deer on a different interstate. This one crossed 8 lanes and forced 2 semi trucks and me to go into emergency panic braking. Deer ended up jumping over the hood of my car.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Are You Against "Co-Drivers?"

Postby Tiki » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:19 pm

I think everyone can agree about the hate towards drunk drivers...But, I am always in control when I am the phone and driving, I drive one handed most of the time anyways....Cause when I drive I just cruise..... :-° ;-D
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:34 pm

Tiki wrote:I think everyone can agree about the hate towards drunk drivers...But, I am always in control when I am the phone and driving, I drive one handed most of the time anyways....Cause when I drive I just cruise..... :-° ;-D

great, and we live in the same city, kinda... j/k i agree... i can handle being on the phone and driving, but there are a lot of idiots that can't. I generally try not to or make the call short.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Tiki » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:42 pm

treat24 wrote:
Tiki wrote:I think everyone can agree about the hate towards drunk drivers...But, I am always in control when I am the phone and driving, I drive one handed most of the time anyways....Cause when I drive I just cruise..... :-° ;-D

great, and we live in the same city, kinda... j/k i agree... i can handle being on the phone and driving, but there are a lot of idiots that can't. I generally try not to or make the call short.

Yeah I agree with that. And I do the same I try to keep it short, the conversations I normally have consist of "What's up?" "Nothing what are you doing" "Just chillin'/drivin' to somewhere/ or nothing" "You wanna meet up" "Sure, peace" "one". Nice and simple is how I does it! ;-D

P.S.-I am a very good driver, no accidents, no tickets, one close call that was my fault, and no scratches to the car! ;-D B-)
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:41 pm

Tiki wrote:P.S.-I am a very good driver, no accidents, no tickets, one close call that was my fault, and no scratches to the car! ;-D B-)

I just got in my first accident yesterday when a city trash truck decided to plow into my car :-[

It wasn't my fault at all and the policeman was on my side so it's all good ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:54 pm

The unpredictability of children and pets alone is a good reason to leave them off of your lap when you're driving a car. Granted, I have driven with my son on my lap, but only in my neighborhood where I probably didn't exceed 5-10 MPH.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby sox 06 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:56 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:The unpredictability of children and pets alone is a good reason to leave them off of your lap when you're driving a car. Granted, I have driven with my son on my lap, but only in my neighborhood where I probably didn't exceed 5-10 MPH.

I don't have a problem with that, my dad did the same with me when I was younger. I don't like it when people are driving at faster speeds with a lot of traffic with a child or pet on their lap, then it becomes dangerous for everyone on the road.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk