Keeper/dynsty league questions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Keeper/dynsty league questions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper/dynsty league questions

Postby southernSteeler » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:56 am

If this is in the wrong section, I apologize. I wasn't sure where else to ask this. This is my first year doing FFB and I am enjoying it. One thing I have seen talked about are "keeper" or "dynasty" leagues. Can someone tell me more about them?

Like:
What sites you can use to set them up? Are the sites free or at a cost? What all is invovled in a keeper league and what are the basics on how they work.

I have a couple of guys who with me may start one up next year, so I am trying to get an idea of what all is involved.

Thank you kindly
southernSteeler Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper/dynsty league questions

Postby dream_017 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:34 am

southernSteeler wrote:If this is in the wrong section, I apologize. I wasn't sure where else to ask this. This is my first year doing FFB and I am enjoying it. One thing I have seen talked about are "keeper" or "dynasty" leagues. Can someone tell me more about them?

Like:
What sites you can use to set them up? Are the sites free or at a cost? What all is invovled in a keeper league and what are the basics on how they work.

I have a couple of guys who with me may start one up next year, so I am trying to get an idea of what all is involved.

Thank you kindly

Welcome to the Cafe, and glad you like it ;-D

Keeper leagues are where you have an initial draft (similar to what you would have done for your re-draft), then the following year, each team declares 'X' number of players that they are keeping(based on the rules -- can be a couple of players(1-2) or many (8-10)), then those players remain on your team and the draft begins (usually based on the previous seasons records).

Dynasty leagues are where your entire roster is carried over from year to year. Sometime before the new season starts, you have a draft consisting of either only rookies or rookies and current free agents. This is as close as you can get to being a GM.

There are many sites that provide hosting for these, some are free (AOL), some you pay (myfantasyleague.com). Usually your roster is still available the next season and for a re-draft you just clear all the roster, for a keep you would only clear the players not being kept.

I'll grab a couple threads for you to look over...stay tuned ;-D

Providers

Keeper rules

What people prefer

Start a keeper

Dynasty rules

Are keepers fun?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Re: Keeper/dynsty league questions

Postby southernSteeler » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:31 am

thanks, that is some great information there. ;-D
southernSteeler Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Commissioner's Corner