Skinny Dip and Get a Free Sandwich - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Skinny Dip and Get a Free Sandwich

Moderator: Football Moderators

Skinny Dip and Get a Free Sandwich

Postby sox 06 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:18 pm

GREENVILLE, Maine - They say there is no such thing as a free lunch. Soon, there may no longer be a naked one here either.

A sandwich called the Skinny Dip, featuring sliced prime rib in a baguette roll, has been offered free of charge for three years to anyone willing to plunge naked from the dock at the The Black Frog Restaurant into a lake.

Since the free sandwich offer was introduced, owner Leigh Turner has found plenty of takers. "We've had two or three a week," he said.

But now the promotion is running into trouble: A patron apparently suggested to selectmen that the activity be banned.

The naked lunch issue surfaced this week when Town Manager John Simko presented the Black Frog's application to renew its liquor licence.

Simko said he had been approached about the nudity and suggested that Police Chief Scott MacMaster speak to the owner.

Turner did not attend the selectmen's meeting, but said he would remove the free lunch offer if asked to do so.

The skinny dip was typically done at night, no frontal nudity was exposed to customers and a towel was readily available, Turner said. "Most everybody applauded" after the plunge, Turner said.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Skinny Dip and Get a Free Sandwich

Postby SJNez46 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:32 pm

I havent heard of that restaurant.:-? I live about an hour and half away, and have visited a couple times.
I think that as long as customers arent complaning that it is ok.
^soty
SJNez46
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:56 pm

Duuuude... I wish they had a place like that in SoCal. I'd be so down to skinny dip if I got free sandwiches for three years!
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:09 pm

Popcynical wrote:Duuuude... I wish they had a place like that in SoCal. I'd be so down to skinny dip if I got free sandwiches for three years!

I'm pretty sure the offer has been around for 3 years, and you only get one sandwich for doing it once. I suppose you could do it every night for 3 years and get 3 years worth of sandwiches. That would be pretty nice.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Popcynical » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:37 pm

Aw man, I knew it was too good to be true.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:27 pm

People need to grow up....Just a way to get attention to your business, gotta get that paper, paper, paper. And yes I am saying if I had the chance I probably would do it....Unless it was cold outside! B-) :-b
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sox 06 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:42 pm

SJNez46 wrote:I havent heard of that restaurant.:-? I live about an hour and half away, and have visited a couple times.
I think that as long as customers arent complaning that it is ok.

I've never heard of it either, then again I live a little more than 3 hours away from Greenville. I agree that if the customers aren't complaining, then its a good promotion to have and it shouldn't be taken away.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RiffRaff » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:39 pm

Tiki wrote:People need to grow up....Just a way to get attention to your business, gotta get that paper, paper, paper. And yes I am saying if I had the chance I probably would do it....Unless it was cold outside! B-) :-b

Shrinkage. :-b That said, I'd still do it. There are plenty of opportunities to do Polar Plunges in MN. ;-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby treat24 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:52 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
Tiki wrote:People need to grow up....Just a way to get attention to your business, gotta get that paper, paper, paper. And yes I am saying if I had the chance I probably would do it....Unless it was cold outside! B-) :-b

Shrinkage. :-b That said, I'd still do it. There are plenty of opportunities to do Polar Plunges in MN. ;-D

Tiki lives in MN with us :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby RiffRaff » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:59 pm

treat24 wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:

Tiki lives in MN with us :-D

Well then, Tiki is a wuss. :-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Return to General Talk