Need help fast, huge issue! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Need help fast, huge issue!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need help fast, huge issue!

Postby ABA316 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:38 pm

League's been going 3 years or so..first year this is a keeper. Being that it is a keeper I set 1 IR spot. The exact language of the constitution of the league is "IR spot for such designated injured players"

ESPN allows a player to be placed on there if they are either Out (O) or Injured Reserve (IR).

Some owners have placed an OUT player on their IR. The player on one roster is not listed as OUT any longer and that owner has not activated the player.

I guess I've got 2 issues here.

1) Even though league site allows O or IR to be placed on IR spot, would you take the above language as "IR on their NFL team"? Or whatever site allows?

2) Should an owner be forced to activate their OUT player when O no longer appears next to their name? To me this is like if a baseball player is removed from the DL in MLB, should their owner in that league be made to then activate them?

Either way this won't be an issue next year, because I've come out and said that it will only be for players on NFL's IR. Got to do something soon because people are REALLY raising a fuss now.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need help fast, huge issue!

Postby dream_017 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:41 pm

ABA316 wrote:League's been going 3 years or so..first year this is a keeper. Being that it is a keeper I set 1 IR spot. The exact language of the constitution of the league is "IR spot for such designated injured players"

ESPN allows a player to be placed on there if they are either Out (O) or Injured Reserve (IR).

Some owners have placed an OUT player on their IR. The player on one roster is not listed as OUT any longer and that owner has not activated the player.

I guess I've got 2 issues here.

1) Even though league site allows O or IR to be placed on IR spot, would you take the above language as "IR on their NFL team"? Or whatever site allows?

2) Should an owner be forced to activate their OUT player when O no longer appears next to their name? To me this is like if a baseball player is removed from the DL in MLB, should their owner in that league be made to then activate them?

Either way this won't be an issue next year, because I've come out and said that it will only be for players on NFL's IR. Got to do something soon because people are REALLY raising a fuss now.

Based on the wording, I would say only IR on their NFL team players should be placed on IR, even if the site allows OUT players.

Yes, an owner should be forced to make a decision once a player is not listed as OUT
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner