LT on his way to his worst season yet.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LT on his way to his worst season yet..

Moderator: Football Moderators

LT on his way to his worst season yet..

Postby kemper5 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:14 pm

Boy what a year to grap him with the 1st pick..Averaging 65 rushing yards a game basically 1/3 of the way through the season. Just to match last years rushing numbers he has to average 135 rushing yards every game from here on out, and his TD's are going to be so far far off last years it's not funny AND I know he will not do that . I believe he will finish with 1200 Rushing yards and around 11 TD's (both Rush and rec combined) I know he's good, but know he will not even come close to the numbers he had over the last 3-4 years.. I say look at his rookie season of 1236 rushing and 10 total TD's and thats what you get this year, maybe worse.
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: LT on his way to his worst season yet..

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:57 pm

i have to agree here. charges offense blew up and turner ended up with more yardage and a td. LT has been blaming his teammates and the coaches for their poor play and im sure hes getting on their nerves a bit. i can still see him as a top 10 rb but itll be towards the end, no where near the 2000 yrds and who knows how many tds we all though he would get. glad i got addai :-D
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MEK4178 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:25 pm

hmm...you'd think after a week where the Chargers totally got the offense turned around people would be more optimistic...i guess not. Even though LT didn't score, it's an extremely good sign that they scored 41 yesterday, it doesn't matter that Turner got the big runs, LT was sitting because they were up by 30. Here on out, LT is back...when it's all said and done, i say he has 1800 total yrds, and 15+ tds.
MEK4178
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:05 pm

I am admittedly new to the Fantasy Football scene, so maybe this is just the Fantasy Baseball player in me, but...

Isn't it too early to be saying that LT is going to have a horrible year? It's 5 games in, less than a 3rd of the way through, and it's not like he's been terrible. In fact, he was quite good yesterday it just wasn't him that landed in the end zone. However, if he plays like he is capable of, it will be and it will be a lot.

In baseball you just don't bet against the ARod and Pujols of the world. And in football, LT is that parallel.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby bdrotoronto » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:25 pm

Hmm, it's funny, even when you assume LT is on his way to his worst season, he has STILL been a top 10 fantasy RB so far this year. That is part of what you hope for out of a top pick--i.e. some consistency, and a guy you would never expect to completely bust--kinda like P. Manning, he isn't always the #1 QB, but even in down years he's almost always top 3 or 4--that's part of his value. I don't think anyone realistically expected LT to repeat what he did last season, since that year was so far off the charts. Compared to many RB's this year, LT is still doing decent.
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:27 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:Compared to many RB's this year, LT is still doing decent.

I think this is the key.

Granted, I haven't played FFB in 5 years, but based on the mere fact that you can consider half - 2/3's of the first round to be busts and you know that the first 5 weeks have been strange.

It's still a small sample size, however, and things for most of these stud RB's could and probably will turn around at any moment.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby PurpleHaze » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:33 am

Only 5 games into the season, and if Norv Turner knew how to coach, you wouldn't even consider such a post..

LT will be fine..Bet That ;-D
Sig courtesy of chargersfan36!
PurpleHaze
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby latraffic » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:07 am

PurpleHaze wrote:Only 5 games into the season, and if Norv Turner knew how to coach, you wouldn't even consider such a post..

LT will be fine..Bet That ;-D

Knowing that Norv Turner can't coach is the key though. I wrote an article for the cafe in August about why LT wouldn't be the best back in fantasy football and Turner was one of the reasons why. http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/2007 ... tasno1.php
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:51 pm

Yet, in spite of it being the worst year of his career so far, he's currently the #2 RB in FF points scored in standard scoring leagues...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:58 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Yet, in spite of it being the worst year of his career so far, he's currently the #2 RB in FF points scored in standard scoring leagues...

While this is true, he hasn't hit his bye week yet and a couple other RBs have been injured (Jordan, Westbrook). Still, he'd be no worse than 5 at this point. It's just that expectations are so high, he "feels" like a bust at this point.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk