Ipod Owners beware - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Ipod Owners beware

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ipod Owners beware

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:19 am

If you can't stand the heat, get the iPod out of your pocket.

A Douglasville, Ga., man said he had flames coming up to his chest when his iPod Nano suddenly burst into flames while he was working, WSBTV.com reported Friday.

Danny Williams, who works at a kiosk at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, told WSBTV.com that he had the iPod and a glossy piece of paper in his pocket at the time. He said it was the piece of paper that saved him from being badly burned.

The iPod Nano uses a lithium-ion battery, the same kind that has been recalled for spontaneously setting laptops on fire, WSBTV.com reported.

Williams is just glad he escaped suspicion for his enflamed pants.

"If TSA had come by and seen me smoking, they could have honestly thought I was a terrorist," Williams told WSBTV.com
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ipod Owners beware

Postby RiffRaff » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:23 am

Fire, Fire, yeah, Fire

The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby sox 06 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:32 am

My iPod is an older version (the black and white 20 gig one) and it does get very hot at times. Its never gotten hot enough to burn anything or make me worried about it burning anything but stories like this don't surprise me too much.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:54 am

sox 06 wrote:My iPod is an older version (the black and white 20 gig one) and it does get very hot at times. Its never gotten hot enough to burn anything or make me worried about it burning anything but stories like this don't surprise me too much.

Yeah mine is an older one too(40 gig) and it got really hot once, not hot enough to burn anything but pretty damn hot. I already stopped leaving it in my car, last think I need is to go into the store and came back out to find my car a blazing inferno. :-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:18 am

Dude was probably listening to Justin Timberlake. Hot battery + flaming Justin = burnt nuts. And if he didn't notice flames until they reached his chest, he's pretty oblivious.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:32 am

This story reeks of suspicion. I mean, I agree that iPod's can get very hot, but first, I have never seen a Nano get very hot at all and second, even if it did get really hot, wouldn't he have had to have something flammable on him for flames up to his chest spontaneously? I wouldn't have thought that an iPod would have done that and make flames that high, but who knows.

"If TSA had come by and seen me smoking, they could have honestly thought I was a terrorist," Williams told WSBTV.com

Cause all terrorists have flames shooting out of their crotch area to chest height, right. :-? :-b :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk